Chapter 52. Content with you

Visiting soap had to wrap up after roughly an hour of conversations. You and Simon said your goodbyes to the now upset Soap. He did not want to be left alone, especially after knowing you were okay. You assured him that you'd visit him first thing in the AM but retaliated. Simon managed to wheel you out of soap's room and into your own. He carefully helped you into your bed, making sure every time he touched you, it was as if you were fragile glass.

A large smile was immediately plastered across your face. To see such a brute of a man being so gentle and kind made your heart melt.

"I could get used to this." You teased, pulling the thin hospital sheet over your lower half, your head tilted slightly to look up at his towering frame leaning over the bed. His heavy brown eyes staring playfully at you.

"You're lucky." He smirked for a quick moment before shaking his head.

"Why is that? Huh big man?'' You poked the bear more. It felt like it had been so long since you had been able to tease him, fuck with him, or just send your snarky his way.

"Hmph" was the only sound that came from his mouth. His hand slowly reached up to move the stray baby hairs from your view.

"How hard did you hit your head? You're so—I love it." You hummed, closing your eyes for a slim moment.

"Are you done?" He huffed trying so damn hard to not let a smile surface.

You let out a brief chuckle escape your lips all while you let your head hit the face of the pillow. Your eyes staring at the white emotionless ceiling until you feel the bed beneath you shift to the left. Your head snapped into the direction to see Simon planting himself on the small sliver of space next to you.

"Do you mind?" You asked, scooting over to the right to give him more room for him to comfortably fit. You furrowed your brows at him, pushing your shoulder into him lightly.

"No, not at all." Simon grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest, leaning his head against the baseboard of the hospital. His eyes closed slowly.

"Headass." You shot back playfully.

"Smart Ass." He returned the nickname before you both slowly faded into a steady sleep.

__________________________________________________

The light of the pale hospital room woke you from your deep slumber. Your body still ached terribly. It was better but still caused you intense exhaustion. You curled your body up into a sitting position while you analyzed the room. Your eyes instantly shoot to the vacant spot where Simon once laid. A wave of sadness hit your chest before a knock at the door broke your train of thought. Your eyes lifted to the large wooden door to see Soap rolling in on a wheelchair at full speed.

"Smalls!" Soap beamed happily as he skirted to a stop at the side of your bed. His elbows leaned on the edge of the bed leaning in towards you. "Good morning, grumpy brick wall left to go shower. Price kicked him out to freshen up. He will be back later."

"He could have woken me up" you huffed slightly, dropping your shoulders.

"You'll be okay" soap assured you, his battered face looking up at you.

"I know— okay wait, why did they let you out of your room, shouldn't you be in bed?" You protested feeling your brain started to process your current situation. Soap was in a wheelchair in your room. His lung. This motherfucker. "Soap."

"What?!" He quickly retorted leaning back into the wheelchair starting to throw a tantrum like a little kid. "I got bored! I hate being bed bound. It does nothing. "