Chapter 22. Patience

You had made it to Captain Price's office door, where you contemplated knocking or even going in. Your eyes stared at the large wood door in front of you, your hands by your side with your right hand clutched to your phone almost as if you were afraid to let it leave your grip. Like somehow someone would know what happened and take it.

"Are you gonna knock or just stand there all night?" The strong Brit accent echoed startling you.

"Jesus, can you stop sneaking up on me like that?" You snapped lightly shaking your head.

"We need to show Price, l/n. This could help us figure out a way to stop those assholes." Ghost remarked literally almost walking into you, colliding his gloved fist against the office door whilst he stared down at you. Ghost grabbed the door handle and opened the door to reveal Price at his desk, cigar in hand, paperwork in the other. His tired eyes averted to see you and ghost. "Sir, got something I think you'll like." He spoke placing his right hand behind your lower back slightly guiding you into the office, following behind you.

"What is it?" Price spoke putting his paperwork back onto the desk, giving you and ghost his full attention. Your eyes averted to ghost before you turned on your phone, opening to the video placing it onto price's desk quickly in front of him.

"Press play when you're ready sir." You spoke nodding your head when he looked at the now stationary phone and then at you. He took a drag of his cigar before he brought his free hand to press play on the video. You placed your hands behind your back, fiddling them nervously.

Once the video had ended, Price sat there contemplating something it.

"Is there a reason you went to see him?" Price asked bringing his eyes to lock onto you, almost a wave of disappointment on his face. "Do you understand how much danger you put yourself in at that moment?"

"Yes sir, I'm aware." You gulped keeping your face straight. "As I had already told Ghost, I had to Visually hear it from him. I understood the risks, hence why I recorded sir" you finished clearing your throat. A sigh escaped Price's lips before he started to speak.

"I'll need a copy of the video." Price began sliding your phone towards the edge of the desk for you to retrieve it. You leaned forward grabbing your phone.  "Send it to me."

"Yes sir." You spoke finding his contact sending him the video.

"How are we going about this?" Ghost finally spoke up keeping his gaze sent on Price.

"Well there's only so much we can do off of this. Yes it's his voice, and he's confirmed everything but it's not full confirmed this is Reggie himself. No visual evidence."  Price exhaled leaning back into his chair.

"You've got to be kidding me." You mumbled under your breathe, slight throwing your head back frustrated.

"But it's better than nothing." Price continued. "I'll go over this with Laswell tomorrow and see what she suggests we do. L/n. I need you to not pull a stunt like that again a lay low. Please. We aren't doing this to punish you in any way, it's for your safety."

"Yes sir, I understand sir." You gulped sending a glance to ghost who already had his eyes on you.

"I'll keep you updated." Price concluded the conversation. You nodded and took that opportunity to help yourself out of the office. Once you had exited, you turned to wait for ghost who was right behind you. You followed behind him your head down towards the ground until you both reached his room. He opened the door and swung it open standing aside to see you in place. You brought your eyes to look up at him.

"In." Was all he said.

You stepped inside his room turning around. He closed the door, locking it before turning around a grabbing your arm yanking you into his arms. You gasped quietly feeling his large arms wrapped around your frame, his geared head leaning gently on top of yours. You said nothing, wrapping your arms around him as well. It was a few genuine moments of affection ghost was giving you before he pulled away. He approached his bed, taking off his helmet and whatnot before planting himself on the edge of his bed. He had his elbows on his knees and his hands clasped, eyes on the ground.

"I expected the worst to happen today." He started, his raspy accent low. "I came back and when I discovered you weren't here, I..." You slowly walked up to him, placing your body in between his legs, causing him to sit up slightly. His exhausted, sunken eyes now peering up at you.

"You would have never let me go if I told. And I know it's for good reason but i was in denial and... I needed to hear it from him. I would've been able to take care of myself.' You spoke bringing your hand up to his cheek.

"But what If it went to shit?" He pushed keeping his eyes up at you.

"But it didn't and it's over. Okay? It's over for now." You reassured him just as he brought his hands up to wrap around your waist, pulling you in a little bit. His chin now rested on your chest, almost as if he were thinking. His eyes never leaving yours. "Im sorry Simon."

"Mmhm" he mumbled lost in your features.

"I'll make it up to you." You spoke barely audible enough for him to catch it, just to see if he would react. His eyes darted to yours.

"How so?" He grumbled fighting his grip around your waist.

"I can think of a few ways." You smirked softly biting your lip, slowly kneeling on the ground. Your hands ran down his chest until you rounded his thighs nestling his member. You heard his breathe hitch the closer you got. He brought his hand towards your mouth, tracing his thumb across your lips. "You gonna let me make it up to you?" You spoke, your voice low as your eyes trailed down to his bulge, then back at him. A groan escaped his lips, blinking slowly.

"Fucking hell." He growled

(Ima be an ass and end this chapter here 😈😈))