Chapter 32. Tired

(There will most definitely be spelling errors but just pretend there's not🧎🏼‍♀️)

You couldn't make out the silhouette, especially with Reggie's whining corroding your focus. They started to approach, their steps long and cautious.

"Fucking cunt!" Reggie seethed through his clenched jaw, while he tried to scramble to his feet. Your eyes darted between the unknown person approaching and Reggie who grasped his gun from the floor just before he managed to stand up on one foot. He without hesitation, shot his arm to aim the gun at you once more. "Take another fucking step and I'll pull the fucking trigger."

"Ghost?" You called out towards the now stationary man, your eyes staring directly down the barrel of the gun pointed directly between your eyes. Your heart was ready to jump out of your throat, it was beating so fast. Your hands and feet were tied down, there was no way you could get out of this by yourself. The man didn't answer but that was the only confirmation you needed. A small exhale escaped your dry throat.

"You shut the hell up!" He hissed hopping a step closer to you. You retracted your head back a tad while he pushed the gun closer.

"Reggie, don't do this." You pleaded, your voice slightly cracking. "I'm your best friend remember? The one who gets kicked out of bars with you, the one who gives you woman advice when you're having trouble, or-or the one who makes sure they're no mayo on your burgers when we go out or or no chunks of tomatoes in your pasta sauce..."

"Y/n....stop." Reggie said closing his eyes as if he was trying to block out the fact it was you in the receiving end of the gun.

"You don't have to do this"

"Y/n I said stop!" He said, his voice getting agitated.

"You're still my best friend and I love you....you're all I have. Please." You mumbled.

He moved the gun aiming it quickly on the ground next to you, pulling the trigger causing you to jump in your seat, Your ears were ringing.

"I said SHUT UP." His voice screamed as your hearing came to again. Your eyes darted to the where ghost stood. He was no longer there. "See, he gave up. He left. He doesn't love you. He doesn't care for you." His words were cold, his voice flat. "You mean nothing to him. You're just a pointless task."

"That's not true." You mumbled almost to yourself but just enough for Reggie to hear.

"He didn't take care of you when you were at your lowest. When your mom died. Or when you graduated high school. Or when you broke your kneecap. He wasn't there. I was. I was there. Me."  Reggie huffed, a single tear falling down his cheek. It caught you absolutely off guard.

"Yes Reggie. It was you. All you. You've always been there, that's why you're my best friend." You responded looking up at him.

'You were until you took up this mission and left me behind." Reggie spoke, his tone full of hurt. "Didn't fucking bother to check in on me not once. Until I showed up at your room one day, begging you to come hang out with me. After no contact for months."

'I'm sorry, Reg. I-"

"NO!" He suddenly screamed readjusting his aim on the gun. "Enough!" You jolted back caught off by his loud yell.

A hand wrapped around his neck yanking him back quickly. Taking the gun away from its aim on you. He dropped the gun using both his hands to try and pry off the arm. He hopped on his one leg keeping himself steady until his face started to turn red. His eyes fluctuated onto you while he gasped for air, until his eyes closed and his body fell limp. Ghost dropped his body on the ground, quickly turning his full attention to you.

"Are you okay?" He asked rushing to untie your hands and your feet releasing you from the chair. You brought your arms around to rub your irritated wrists.

"I'm okay, yeah. Are you?" You asked as he walked around the chair to face you, kneeling slightly.

"I'm fine. Save the chit chat for later. We need to get out of here." He ordered, his dull brown eyes staring right into yours. 'We've got so much to go over when this bull Shit is taken care of."

'I'm- I'm sorry, Simon." You blurted out as he stood up, now looking down at you.

"Not the time nor place, l/n" Ghost retorted.

'Right yeah sorry I just-" you started but a gunshot fired off, causing your ears to ring once more. Your eyes looked you to see Ghost holding his shoulder. That was not bleeding. Your eyes snapped to behind him to see Shepard who was no longer unconscious, by Reggie's sleeping body, the gun in his hand. Still aiming for Ghost.  "NO" you screeched grabbed ghost's vest yanking him forward into the ground just before Shepard shot off another round. Ghost's heavy body fell onto of you but successfully you got him too the ground just in time. He rolled off of you pulling his own handgun using his uninsured shoulder pointing the gun back at Shepard. Without further confrontation, ghost pulled his trigger just as Shepard opened his mouth to retaliate. The bullet hit him In the abdomen causing him to boil over silently. Huddling in pain.

"Are you okay?! Holy shit your shoulder." You asked getting to your knees looking down at him.

"It's nothing. Let's go." He pushed out pulling himself up in his feet, cradling his shot shoulder applying pressure to it. He let out a grunt, before turning to speak to you again. "I need you to see if there's an exit wound." You nodded quickly walking behind him trying your best to see in the dim lighting. But here was no exit wound.

'Ghost, do you copy?' Simon's coms radioed. It was soaps voice.

"Soap." Ghost responded using his hood arm to press the button.

'Let me find out you're the one that did this mess?' Prices voice chimed in through the coms

"Told you I wasn't wasting time." Ghost almost spat back. "Shepard's dying. If not already dead. I've been hit in the shoulder but l/n is fine."

'Copy that, we're on the way. Buildings in sight.'

"Yes sir.' Ghost concluded bringing his arm down to his side. "Let's get moving."

"Okay." You nodded grabbing into his good arm while you both turned around. Getting ready to exit through the large hole in the wall. But there stood Reggie, madder than shit. He had a gun placed in his grip flipping the aim in between you and ghost.  God you were tired of having a fucking gun pointed at you. How the fuck did he get up without both of you not noticing? Maybe you were both so drawn in to the coms conversation that he took the opportunity to get up.

"Reggie.." you warned.