Chapter 15. 2 for 1

((If you see spelling errors, no you didn't 👹))

"On my go." Price whispered across to you, smoke bomb in hand. He peered in quickly to confirm they were all still there and then proceeded waited 3 seconds before chucking the grenade directly down the middle of the half empty warehouse. It bounce a few times before rolling to a stop. All the men circling Rodolfo look down at it and it exploded sending the thickest smoke in the air surrounding them. "GO GO GO." Price ordered quickly bleeding in with Alejandro behind him, and then soap, ghost being the last to enter. His tired eyes sharing a glance with you before disappearing into the smoke.

You paused for a count of 3o seconds before taking a deep breathe pulling yourself in through the doors where you losing your sight immediately. You headed straight down the middle holding your breath as you counted your steps. Your eyes squinting to avoid serious agitation from the smoke but enough to see some things. A hand quickly grabbed your arm but before you could react, a stab of a knife jabbed into the side of the man's neck and he fell instantly, releasing he grip on your arm. Your eyes shot to see Alejandro who sent you a nod.

You nodded back quickly continuing your trek forward eventually almost falling into Rodolfo. The minute your hand touched his chair, he let out a scared muffled scream. Like he had a gag in his mouth

" it's me, Rodolfo! L/n. We got you' You spoke feeling the back of the chair for his tied hands.

A hand came wrapping around your throat quickly causing you to lose your grip on the ropes binding his hands. The person pulled you back and once you measured a safe distance from Rodolfo, you brought your arms up grabbing the man's arm tightly lunging yourself forward, crunching your body sending the man flying over your head onto his back. He grunted the minute his back collided with the hard concrete floor. You caught your breathe, pulling your knife out kneeling down to place it into the man's neck. He grabbed your hand quickly catching you off guard causing you let go of the knife.

While you used your free hand to reach for your gun, the man yanked you forward causing you to lose your stability.

'Fuck." You cried out as the man yanked you over him, almost mimicking your recent movements as best he could while still on the ground. You flew forward colliding your shoulder to the concrete.

"L/n status." Ghosts voice echoed through the Smokey warehouse.

"Working on it." You called back sitting up pulling your gun out aiming it directly at the man. You pulled the trigger and the man fell forward nearly missing you by inches. You shook your head annoyed standing to your feet. Your eyes caught sight of a large wooden crate a few metered to your left. Your heart jumped a beat while you quickly approached it prying it open. You pulled your flashlight from your belt turning it on to see the contents of the crate. Once your flashlight hit, you were greeted with 2 large missiles. Your flashlight running down the body of the build inspecting every bolt, wire, body build visible. You gasped when you finally put two and two together, these were 2 of your missiles.

"What was that shot?" Prices voice called through the smoke

"I fired the shot, I was not hit." You yelled out clarifying to the men to stay on task. You followed the weaken groans of Rodolfo back to his chair, undoing the knot freeing his hands. While you knelt down to untie the knots that held his feet still, a hand placed in your shoulder and you nearly brought your elbow jolting back aiming for their face but their other hand stopped you and you snapped your head to be greeted with Ghost.

"Easy does it tiger, just me."  He spoke, accent thick. Your body relaxed allowing you to focus on untying the last know freeing Rodolfo. Ghost grabbed his arm helping him to his feet, placing his bruised arm around ghost's neck.

"They've got 2 of our missiles." You nearly whispered into ghost's ear and he cocked his head quickly to look at you,You nodded to answer his silent question.  He started to lead him through the now clearing smoke to the obvious sky blasting through the open doors. You followed right behind him keeping your guard up to attack if needed.  Once freed from the smoked warehouse, you took the opportunity to get a clear breathe in.

"Rodolfo." Alejandro called out running to his other side helping ghost rush him fast away from the building. Your eyes scanned to find Price, where you immediately ran up to him.

"Sir. They've obtained 2 of our missiles that were looking for." Prices eyes widened slightly.

"Do we need notify Shepard immedia-" you started

'No! We need discard of them. It will be a 'freak accident." But there is no way Shepard can know of the missiles until they are terminated. Am I clear?" He spoke sternly

"Yes sir." You nodded.

"Soap, grenade." Price called out extending his hand out to grab it. Soap pulled it from his vest.

"It's near the left edge of the warehouse. We need to wait for the smoke to clear so I can pinpoint the area for you to target." You spoke as you and price started to approach the warehouse while everyone continued to keep their distance, away from the explosion.

"All you're doing is pointing me in the direct I need to throw and then you are to fall back immediately." Prove ordered.

"Loud and clear." You nodded as your eyes peered inside the clearing warehouse. 'There see back left along the baseboard. That massive crate. Holds 2 out of the eighteen that were sent undetected."

"Fall back now soldier." Price spoke readying his stance and aim. You started to fall back picking up your pace but looking back towards the Captain.
Once you reached more than halfway to the others, you stopped and turned watching Price pull the tag throwing in into the left side then bolting as fast as he could.

"L/n get back!" Ghost spoke as you grabbed your arm yanking you back farther whilst he swapped positions and you were now facing him. His arms wrapping you whilst he continued to push you back. Whatever was to hit was to hit him first. A large earth rumbling explosion erupted followed by second large explosion, followed by one more. The missiles blowing up seconds after the Grenada's detonated. The pressure sent you both flying back. He kept his arms around you while you were nearing the floor, did everything in his power to have his body take the fall, leave yours untouched.

"You hurt?" His voice rumbled through the dust above your head while you were cradled into his chest.

"No. How bad are you?" You asked muffled from his gear.

'I've had worse."