Chapter 46. Game plan

"Ghost-" you started to speak out using your voice but his easily overpowered yours.

"Did you honestly think I was going to let him live?" Simon quickly retorted.

"Well fuck, No but Jesus.." you exhaled closing your eyes for a moment, dropping your shoulders. "There was just a small sliver of hope in me that you'd at least have the decency to not murder him in my room...'

"Oh bloody fucking hell y/n" Simon exhaled in frustration. He whirled his body around to face you, tilting his head slightly to the right. His eyes staring painfully into yours. "I'll be sure to take him out in the lobby next time."

"Oh piss off, that is not what I meant. Smart ass." You mumbled the insulting name lowly while you. Simon scoffed as he stepped around the body towards the door, stopping at the entrance turning to face you like he was impatient.

"Johnny doesn't have all fucking day-"

"No shit Sherlock. Are you not going to inform Price that they took Soap?"

"There's no time."

"Ah yes, let's just take on Ghorbani's whole fucking army of men. Just you and I. Yeah that will end well won't-" you responded while you took the necessary steps towards Ghost but a grasp on your bicep knocked your head out of thought, causing you to avert your head to look up at Simon.

"Do you trust me?" He suddenly asked, his stare stern and hard. His eyes begging you to answer.

"Yes of course I do." You raised a brown keeping your body still as he still had your arm grasped in his hand.

"Okay." Was all he said before he gently tugged in your arm, releasing it from his grip while he turned around to grab the knob of the door to pull it open. You turned around to quickly glance at the lifeless body that laid on the floor of your hotel room, sending it one last under the breathe curse before you scurried to catch up to Simon, closing the door behind you. Placing the do not disturb hanging sign on your door just before you bolted to side Simon.

You could tell yourself despite all that Simon has done not only to you but for you, that you trusted him deeply. But only seconds prior when he had asked you if you trusted him, it honestly scared you to an extent. What was he planning?

You trailed a second behind Simon as you two baffled through the hallways, pushing past people basically tumbling into them as you passed. You'd have tell each person Simon bumped into a quick apology, one instance, you bluntly stated to an older couple Simon was simply 'on his period.' No intentionally but just outta habit. Instead of taking the elevator, Simon urged that the two of you take the stairs.

"You do understand we are in the 5th floor right? And we're taking the stairs to the 13th floor?" You spoke out of breath as you both had breezed through 5 flights of stairs. "We could have very much been in the 13th floor already." That caused Simon to whirl around causing you to bump right into him hard. "Fucking Shit. Simon what the fuck."

"Please tell me you're done with this nagging and the jokes. Soap is caught and you're over here bloody complaining. Please for the love of god, stop questioning my every action. Just trust me." He spat before abruptly turning around to continue the trek up the last few flights of stairs until you were greeted with the "floor 13" door. You kept your mouth shut the rest of the way. He was right, you shouldn't have been saying some of the things you said. Or nagged about. But you were stressed and beyond worried and the only way you could calm yourself down was through saying some stupid shit the way you were. You hated soap was even in this position but you were damn well gonna do everything you could to get him back and in one piece.

You watched Simon crack open the door to peer down the hall to see the it was heavily packed with foreign soldiers. Dressed in casual attire but wandering aimlessly almost as patrol. Each men had a walk talkie or a comms of some sort, strapped to their belt lines. Towards the opposing side of the hall, on the right hand side laid a door with two men planted on each side of it.

"Fuck they must've rented out the whole floor." Simon exhaled slowly pulling his head back into, quietly closing the door behind him. "I'm going to very much assume he is in the room down the hall with the two men glued onto either side of the door."

"Okay well then how do we approach this? How do we get through them without starting shit just yet?" You asked looking up at his frustrated eyes. "Wait. I have an idea."

"No."

"Hear me out, this way could work."

"I said no."

"You don't even know what I'm going to say." You retorted cocking your head annoyed.

"No, you are not going to 'drunkenly' stumble down the hall until they take you to where Johnny is. That's not going to work, y/n." Simon said with ease.

"How did you know?" You were taken back that he had got it spot on.

"Because I known you long enough to know how you think- look that would just lead to me trying to save both of you. But that would also mean both of you would be in danger. Johnny is very capable of holding on until we can figure this out." Simon spoke, his voice low. "We're going to need to contact Price and Laswell."

"Simon... we are here and Soap is just down that hall. I'm not leaving this spot." You protested. "You can contact Price and tell them to hurry the fuck up but I'm going to figure out a game plan for us to at least start finding a way so were aren't standing here useless."

Just before Simon could answer, the click of the door behind him sounded and the door opened.

"Well would you look at that? Two sewer rats poking their noses somewhere where it doesn't belong"

Hassan.