Chapter 25. Nightmare

Your feet were glued to the dusty ground Beneath you. Your eyes scanned your surroundings until you finally registered where you were. The Mexican Cartel's main base. If that's what you'd call it. Your eyes fell directly in front of you to see that same man approaching you harshly, pistol pointed dead center on your chest 30 feet away. The words this man was spewing was taunting. You broke your gaze from the approaching man to look behind you, the same white ford van hid Gaz from the man's view. His head poking out with a worried look on his face.

"No..." you huffed finally realizing what was happening. It was happening.

"I don't hav my gun ghost, it fell out of my holster." Gaz spoke fast through the comms. "You don't have a shot of the man?!"

'No. He's not in view, only L/N. F/N you need to make a move now or you're a dead one!" Ghosts voice radioed to you.

"No no no this isn't gonna happen this time." You mumbled to yourself scanning your belt for any weapons, but your belt was empty. Your head shot back to see the man now 15 feet away from you. You went to move your legs to throw yourself behind the maroon Corolla you stood next to but it all failed. You couldn't move your feet. They were stationary and felt like a million pounds. The warning shot from the man fired to your right of your foot.
Groaning frustratedly, you whipped your head back to see Gaz trying to make his way towards you.

"No Gaz, don't you fucking dare." You pleaded but he didn't listen. Could he even hear you? "GAZ Do not engage! I'm not going to let it happen again. No. Please." You pleaded once more before he has reached you but it was no used. Once his arm had touched you, you were sent flying back roughly before your ass hit the ground hard. "NOOOO.' You immediately cried out hearing the gunshot echo through the vehicles and buildings. Your eyes reluctantly fell in front of you to horrifically see Gaz falling to the ground once more.

———-

You flew up quickly from your sleeping position gasping for air. You hand fell onto your chest as you felt your heart rapidly beating. You cheeks wet from your slumbered tears. This nightmare hasn't happened in awhile. You were doing okay, better at the least. Your eyes shot to the other side of the bed to see it empty. You weren't sure why you were expecting Simon to be there. Sleeping together wasn't something he did, with the following that he really didn't sleep much. Your eyes fell forwards and within seconds, you felt yourself burst like a carbonated soda bottle that was shaken up. Tears flew down your face once again whilst you pulled up your knees to burry your face in.

You would do anything to go back to that day and change how you reacted. You would have actually reacted at that. You wouldn't have let yourself freeze. You would've pulled out your gun, shot the fucker in the head, sliding Gaz the guys gun so he had protection. Everything would've gone okay. Maybe you would've discovered the 'stolen' missiles, and then you'd be able to return home to continue your job with Reggie. Now you didn't have family, a home to go back to, no longer a job, no stability. Nothing. It was all stripped from you in a matter of days.

Heavy footsteps echoed the hallway outside your door, shuffling to approach you door. The knob turned and the door swung open to Simon entering the room quickly. He instantly turned on your light to see your red, tear stain cheeks, your irritated eyes, and your sunken in eyes. The minute his eyes searched to land on yours, you felt it bubbling over again, the tears falling down your cheeks.

"It happened again." Your voice mumbled out. "And I couldn't stop it..."

Ghost said nothing as he took a few steps into your room, closing the door behind him before approaching your bedside. He planted himself on the edge slightly facing you, but now keeping his eyes in the ground. He left out a sharp exhale before his voice filled the room.

"When I was a kid, my Father used take me to the Bone Lickers Concerts.." he started, his voice cold showing no emotion. "There was one time where my father had taken me into one of those rooms where you could pay the prostitutes to give you a private show, and he had the prostitute overdose on drugs. I wasn't allowed to leave while she ODed on the ground in front of me. He had grabbed the back of my head and forced me to laugh at her dying body. Instead of getting help, he told me if I didn't laugh at her, he'd threaten to bring a rattlesnake home and lock me in the closet with it. In the dark."

You heart dropped while he spoke, this was his childhood. The years where a child's happiness reflected onto their adulthood. The years where your parents were supposed to show you endless care and love and teach you everything you needed to know as an adult. Just from that small memory he had spoke, he didn't have that. Not from his father at least.

"I guess what I'm saying is, I saw my first death in front me. As a child. And it never got easier. It doesn't. It is just something you have to learn to live with...." He exhaled playing with his fingers. "I know it's not the same because I didn't know that woman but I'm trying to get this across that I'm here. And that you don't need to be afraid to come to me. Anywhere anytime. I want you to have someone because I didn't." His voice evidently cracked at 'didn't'.

"Simon, I'm-" you froze trying to piece the words together.

"I don't want an apology. I've gotten that enough in my life. I hate those fucking words. Just- bloody hell. I don't know how to fucking do this." He exhaled throwing his head back lightly. "I don't know how to comfort people, you specifically. I've never been that person, but I- I want to be."

"Simon...." You spoke crawling for, your spot in your bed to neighbor him on the edge.

"Ever since you've joined this Task force, I just simply cannot get you out of my fucking head. And I told myself to keep dreaming because I'm not this type of guy. I can't have feelings. Is that what those are? I can't have those. I can't let someone get involved with me because something bad always happens to them. I'm closed of because it's better-"

"But you don't have to be."