Chapter One

Looking up at the wall clock hug above the huge television, she sighed for the umpteenth times still pacing around the huge sitting room.

Layla turn giving her baby whom is  curl up on the sofa a single glance.

A painful smile spread across her face. The girl has being demanding for her Father none stop and Layla is lucky that she finally fall asleep.

Sighing, she walk back to the sofa and slump next to her baby girl, scooping her in her arms cause maybe it will ease the pain she feels on her chest.

She layed her on her chest then went ahead and start patting her back gently while looking at her face.

An exact replica of her Father, even at a tender age of 4 and half, she has all of his features.

A genuine small spread across Layla's face just looking at her baby. She drag a throw pillow and put it behind her relaxing her back while closing her eyes.

Less than 10mins later, she shift uncomfortably feeling pain on both her knee and feat which made her to roll her eyes in frustration.

She has been on her feet for more than an hour, maybe two hours but because she is so worried, she didn't feel it until on now.

Layla moved on the sofa, stretching her legs while relaxing her back still having Miemie on her chest. She layed there and some minutes later drifted to a deep slumber.

The jiggling of a key on the door is what woke her up. Forcing her eyelid apart, she close it back cause everything seems blurry, she inhale deeply running her hand on her close eyes before she open it and fixed her bloodshot eyes to the wall clock.

11:45 it says at the same time her husband made his appearance, still in his work cloth and a laptop bag.

"You still up." That was the first thing that came out of his mouth standing still with one of his hand in his pocket.

Layla scoffed sofly tilting her head to the other direction. How did her life came to this.

"How is Miemie...?" He asked nonchalant approaching her now while taking off his suit and drop it on the couch next to her.

Layla swallow a huge lump on her throat as she close her eyes. Opening them back and settling them on her daughter she mumbles.

"She cried herself to sleep after demanding for her Father whom was too busy to call his sick child back..."

"I told you we where closing an important deal." AbdulAzeez defended as Layla handle him the child.

"More important than the child you left sick at home...?" Layla blurt out quite hurt by his action.

They held each other's gaze for some seconds and AbdulAzeez was the first to break it, fixing it on his sleepy daughter on his arms now.

"We wanted to finish everything by today that it why. We didn't realize time has gone by...beside..." He trail giving Layla another quick glance. "Everyone just left work you hardly notice it is late already."

"Ohh Yeah..." Layla chuckles sarcastically. "Even the owner of your law firm...?" She asked with a raised brow.

The annoying chuckles that escape AbdulAzeez lip is what made her stop. This is not their first time arguing about him coming home late and she is sure it certainly wouldn't be the last.

"Don't start with me Layla..." He fumes "I come home whenever I see fit and you can't do a thing about it."

Layla fix her eyes on him wondering when the man she fall head over in love with turn into this unrecognizable person.