Chapter 42

Saphira finished the food that had been given to her, and she was still rather hungry. However, she did not dare to complain at all. She sipped the white energon cautiously as she was unsure if anything was different with it. It tasted the same, but she didn't know if it was a hundred percent safe for her. She did not have any immediate, negative affects just yet, but she knew she might have some if she drank a lot of it at once. She felt the sparklings shifting around in her womb, a sign that was good as she knew they were okay for the time being.

Saphira tapped her fingers thoughtfully on the side of the bottle with the white energon inside. She had to think about how she could probably get out, and how she was going to be able to reach out to Optimus so he could find her. However, her thoughts were interrupted when the door opened, and she tensed as Ethan walked in with a few other doctors.

"This is the part where you check my leg, right?" Saphira asked nervously as the table was rolled away, she kept hold of the bottle so she could keep ingesting white energon.

"Yes." Ethan looked at her with a stern expression. "I do hope you are not going to mock the situation. It will be very unfortunate for you if something were to happen."

She frowned at him as a gurney was rolled into the room. "I would never joke about something like this."

The man said nothing as he grabbed the IV stand, moving it for a moment as the gurney was rolled right next to the hospital bed. Saphira was nervous, she knew that they were about to move her onto the gurney. She was not looking forward to the pain she would feel from her leg. She waited nervously as the doctors moved to each side of the bed and grabbed the sheets. She placed her hands on her stomach as she glanced alright.

"Alright, on the count of three..." The doctor began as he looked at the others assisting. "We move her onto the gurney and take her in for an x-ray. One..." Ethan glanced at Saphira with a slight smirk, probably to mock her that she was able to feel pain. "Two..." She braced herself, hoping to reduce the pain she would feel. "Three."

Saphira felt the sheet being lifted, and she was also being lifted. Saphira yelped into pain as she felt the sharp, shooting pain in her leg. It moved awkwardly, and it felt as though her knee was grinding, she guessed maybe it was her knee that was broken. She didn't know. Once was on the gurney, Saphira did her best to get comfortable, but the pain in her leg was almost unbearable.

'I'm here, Saphira,' Optimus's warm, gentle voice filled her mind. She smiled slightly as she heard his voice. 'Stay strong. No matter what they do to you, you are strong. Stronger than anyone that I know.'

'I'll try, Optimus...for the sparklings, I'll try...'

Saphira felt tears fall from her eyes as she took deep breaths to try and cope with the pain. Ethan moved the IV to clip the stand to the gurney before wheeling Saphira out of the room. She whimpered softly as she was led into a long, medical hallway. Saphira did not really expect to see anything special, though she did notice the window that looked into her room. That made her nervous as she knew that anyone could watch her, and she realized she would never even know it.

That's just great...

She did wonder if she would remain in that small room. There was practically nothing but a bed. She hoped not. She did not want to be cooped up in a small room and slowly go mad. But she knew that was completely out of her hands. She had no choice but to remain wherever they decide to put her. She just hoped she would eventually move somewhere more comfortable. But with her leg, she suspected she would need a wheelchair. She didn't even know how she was going to use one at the moment.

Saphira didn't see anything significant as she was rolled down the hallway. She was somewhat glad there was not anything to indicate to her that there was something worse going on. But she knew that was likely for the robotic department, not the medical center. She simply had to focus and try and relax, but with the pain in her leg, it was really hard to do that. She really did not know why they felt the need to not give her pain relief.