Chapter 1: Start of my career

Becky's POV

Throughout my life, I've never felt completely fulfilled with my career, even though I got my double degree in Law and Psychology. There is still that lingering feeling of wanting to try to be an actress. And because of my passion for acting, I've decided to waste my three years of studying for the degree and do something I truly wanted.

When someone asked me why am I so stupid for choosing the hard way, it was because of my interest to follow the footsteps of the actress who I respect the most, Mrs Chankimha. She is not only good at acting, but her humble personality makes me realise she's a true angel.

Of course, the people surrounding me couldn't relate to the same hype as me since she was an actress from the 90s. However, in reality, because of her amazing work, she deserved the title of the best actress of all time despite acting for a long time.

Also, knowing that she's still actively working on her drama/series despite having her own family amazed me how she could cope with her hectic life. From there on, I became determined and began from the bottom as a freelancer actress, although my parents weren't supportive of me acting for a living.

---------------------------------------------------------

After a year of dreaming of becoming an actress, I tried to audition for the cast of a series called TharnType. I attended together with my friend from university, Davika. She too has the same dream as me in the hope that she would make her mother proud of her since her mom is known to be the CEO of one of the top entertainment companies.

Unfortunately, both of us applied for the same role, and I ended up getting the part. Although I am happy about getting the role, I am sad for Dav because she really wanted to be in this series so badly more than I wanted to as her debut.

As she talked about her frustration, she was too focused on being upset because the producer didn't give her another chance to act on her script. After all, she was too nervous to say something. I tried to console Dav and make her get over it by not talking or even saying anything related to the series as it would remind her of her audition for this series.

At the same time, during the audition, several sponsors and managers were interested in joining the audition as they hoped for the success of the series. After I finished my audition, I was reached out to by my current manager, Saint, because he saw my potential when I acted and promised to help me become a better actress.

Since I was not under any company at that point, I accepted the offer, and because he was a former actor, I trusted him to guide me. Besides, now that I know about the history of his Idol Factory company, I couldn't help but empathise that he was basically forcing himself to retire because of the mistreatment he has to endure during his prime time as an actor.

To persuade me even more, he would help me improve my acting and meticulously observe my performance for my current series. If the feedback from my current series is satisfactory, he will help me get auditioned for the role of the upcoming drama called Secret crush on You (SCOY).

------------------------------------------------------------

Since Saint's company is considered new, he has been continuously recruiting a few potential actors and actresses who could make it big based on their talent and attitude to keep improving. Of course, based on his previous experience, a lot of his friends tried to approach him to get the same fame as him, but he despised recruiting an insider. The reason was that he experienced it first-hand when he was falsely accused that he got the fame he has because of his influential father who was a world-known actor.

Without knowing about this fact, I actually introduced Davika to him in hope that he would recruit her as an artist but he was mad at me for taking advantage of my work relationship with him as my manager/CEO.

As a punishment, he told me to improve myself by having an acting class once a week without a miss to work on my pronunciation and to learn more Thailand vocabulary. To not disappoint Saint any further, I've been studying very hard, and I can see myself improving slowly but steadily.

"Based on your performance from your previous series, I will book you for the audition for the drama that I mentioned. I hope you can prove to me that you're worth it. Do your best, and I can only hope for the best of you in your future career." Saint gave me some pieces of advice.

A month after the audition, I was relieved when I heard that I was one of the cast for the SCOY series. When I was called for the workshop + table read, I get to know more about the series, the concept and the actors/actresses who featured in the series.

That time was when I first met some of the cast, including Orn and Toey. In the series, Orn will play my love interest, whereas Toey will act as my best friend. I must say my first impression of Orn was that she was too kind and cute. I connected to her well enough because we spent a lot of time together, to the point where we developed a special bond between us.

As for Toey, at first, I thought she was very uptight and very professional with her work when she act. But behind the scene, she was not what she appeared on the screen because she was very goofy, funny and humble. I can see her becoming my inspiration as a fellow actress despite our 5 years old gap.

Because of these two souls, I have grown my circles of friends in the industry. As for Dav, just before I got the role of SCOY, she was recruited by a big entertainment company, owned by her parents. I guess they didn't want to see their daughter as an embarrassment and tried to make her a big superstar the way she wanted it to be.

"Good for her, I guess..." I wished the best for my friend.

Author's note:

I know I've introduced a lot of characters in one chapter, but trust me, it will reduce eventually since the main characters are Freen and Becky. Just bear with me for now✌️