Chapter 14: Meeting with the mother

Becky's POV

When Freen told me that she would bring me to meet her mom, I couldn't be more excited. But then, my body suddenly feels tense as I was nervous that I will be seeing my idol in a few minutes.

I really don't know how to behave in front of her mom and what's more, Freen purposely asked me to follow her directly to her parent's house instead.

When the moment goes by and I met her mom, I was absolutely starstruck since meeting a famous person will always come as a shock or a surprise for me even though I come from the same industry.

Every feeling, every memory I engraved in my mind wasn't the same as when I see Mrs Chankimha on screen or the internet. And when she is standing now right in front of me, it became a surreal experience, as this is my first time seeing her in a closer look.

Thanks to Freen, I get the opportunity to meet up with my favourite actress and talk about my admiration for her. My mind was running wild as I tried to find something to say that I am a big fan of hers.

"Mrs Chankimha...you're such a role model to me and the reason why I became an actress was that I want to be like you...I love you so much..." I talked with adoration.

And as for Freen's mother, she was grateful that she still has a fan who loves her so much and gave me a hug that satisfied my heart after 10 years of fangirling her. "Aww! Thank you so much, dear..." She appreciated.

However, as grateful as I am as of this moment and constantly talk with Freen's mother regarding my acting career, I looked around to see that Freen was gone.

In search for her, her mom then told me that she went to her house already. So, I went to her house and saw that she was busy cooking our dinner. "Why didn't you tell me you're here..." I gently scolded her.

As casually as she can be, she answered, "I just want to let you have fun with my mom....you should go and talk to her more,"

It's really nice of her for allowing me to befriend her mom, but in reality, I have nothing to talk about apart from my admiration for her mother as an artist.

However, she insisted that I should have a conversation with her mother more, "you should...cause who knows you might not get a chance to see her again..."

As strange as I can become, I was cool with not having to meet my idol again, which was weird after wishing forever to see her and dreaming to take a picture with her privately.

If I asked the old me, I would probably be angry at myself for not spending a long time with Mrs Chankimha, but oddly enough I already feel satisfied.

I don't understand myself sometimes...why I've been acting like a normal person as if I'm not a big fan of hers. Because I knew in my mind I could do something more to express my respect as a fellow actress. Is it because I am afraid of certain someone would be jealous?

Struggling with my inner thought to say something, I involuntarily talked in a low voice, "I would rather help you cook than have a conversation with your mom... it's like meeting with my in-laws..."

For a brief time, she quickly looked at me, trying to decipher what I'm trying to say, "Huh? What did you say?"

Whereas for me, I didn't even bother to repeat my sentence and change the topic, "oh...hmmm what can I help you with..."

At that time, she was now not focusing on what she was doing and stared at me for I don't know how long. But, I know our dinner won't even be done if we're going to have a stare-down session. So, she gave me a task to cut the vegetables.

As slowly as I chop the veggies, I peeped at her while she was cooking the dinner and I must say she looked attractive with her cute bunny apron.

I don't usually do this to anyone but, my eyes mesmerised at Freen for way too long until I felt a painful sensation with my fingers?!

"Auchhh!!" I shouted, making Freen looked at my way. Instantly, she stopped cooking and run to my side.

"What happened??" Freen quickly apply direct pressure to my now bleeding finger because of some stupid mistake that I made as a result of staring too much at Freen.

Making sure I am okay, she finds the first aid box from her kitchen and be a nurse for a day. From her action, I must say she was very worried to the point where she treated me like a critically ill patient.

So, after finishing bandaging my finger, she blow my injured finger off to sort of give me a healing spell. Don't know if I am sick or what, but it does cause me to have goosebumps.

Even so, I didn't show my expression to her and once she left to get the food, I can't help but wonder why am I feeling this way.

Then, I heard her asking if I will be able to eat with my hands. But, before I even spoke, she suggested that I want her to feed me.

Of course, my answer is ye- no for an obvious reason since my other hand can still function properly. Plus, I only injured my little finger, not the whole arm.

I tried not to care for her and begin to eat my food, whereas, for her, she was looking at me as if I am fascinating to look at.

My mind was restless, causing me to involuntarily ask her a question, "What's the matter, Freen?"

Taking herself back to her reality, she responded, "I was thinking that you should have a day off... to let your finger heal."

As cringe as it sounds coming from her, I was taken aback and said I don't need a sick leave. "It's fine, Freen. It's nothing serious anyway..." I stated the fact.

And I thought for a second we had a mutual agreement that I don't need a break. But she break it up to me when she said, "this is not up for a debate...remember...I'm your boss. You should be taking care of your body because I don't want you to have scars or even bruises....especially when you're an actress. Who knows what people might say..."

Maybe, I am not used to her kindness, which makes it hard not to accept her offer when she had thought it through. I kept thinking later how thoughtful she was to the point where she was thinking about my image and stuff...

If she only knew what goes on in my mind...that I don't do love anymore, but she's starting to make me feel loved again.

And my heart begins to beat erratically again...after a while...

Author's notes:
I really need to step up my game for this story...I've been slacking lately and super busyy