Chapter 36: Revelation

Freen's POV
I tried to forget and delete everything that reminded me of her, but I am hopeless. I was devastated to be in love again and I don't think I could love someone the same way as I love Bec.

Instinctively, I sought comfort from my parents because, after Bec, they are the ones who I can rely on. Of course, they could read my mood and sense that I've gone through a tough time.

The first one who approaches me was my mother and even without her saying something, her first instinct was to hug me tightly.

"With whatever you're going through right now, I hope you are not losing yourself. Just know that I will always be here for you to lean on and talk about your problems..." Mom tapped my back so I don't feel overwhelmed with my feelings.

Hearing my mom worded that way, my defence slowly falls and I sheepishly brought up my struggle with my relationship right now. 

My mom was so intensive in listening to my story, and because of that, I opened up a little more about my insecurities.

"Freen...dear, because you're an adult, I trust that you make a good decision with your life. I really do. But, in this case, you should ask yourself if it's a good reason for you to let her go. For both of you... Can you still live the same way as before without her by your side?" She was telling me to think deeply about my decision.

Still, I left out the part where there's a third person involved and that she ruined my relationship without my mom knowing. If I think too much, I would've already confronted Davika and slapped her for disturbing my relationship.

Saving my tears, I want to hope that we'll be okay, but sometimes I wish Bec would tell me ahead that she's not having the same feelings as mine. Thinking about the days we used to say I love you to one another, I can't make a scene where she didn't feel the same way because I know she does. 

Even if her feelings ended up not being true, I want her to tell me straight to my face that she didn't feel the same way just so I could move on with my life. Even though I am mad at her which resulted in the two of us not talking for two weeks, I was giving us a break. I was scared that we were drifting apart and slowly going to unofficially break up. 

Maybe it's because I'm far too ashamed to break her up as I, myself promised that Bec is going to be the love of my life. But I don't want to carry on the insecure feelings I had and pretend like everything is fine. Because I am scared to hear what Bec has to say about her former best friend's love confession since it seemed like Davika loved my girl for a very long time. 

And if she too feels the same way as Dav...

...

Day after day, I watched my phone ring several times because I know it was probably coming from Becky. How I wish it was easy for me to answer and said I love you several times. But I am scared that she's not going to say it back and tell me to break up instead. 

After hours of silence, there's another sound not coming from my phone, but from my doorbell. I wondered who is it coming to my house this late at night.

Heavy steps on my way to the bottom, I opened the door and now I am seeing Toey in front of me looking serious. No smile in sight, which was rare of her as she was always greeted with a smile because she likes to see her best friend. 

"What happened, Toey...?" I was not shy to ask her straight away. 

However, her eyes looked a bit distressed as if she was trying her best not to say anything. Because of her hard-to-read action, I coaxed her for information that she was trying to hide from me. But, to no dismay, she was faithful to keep the secret.