Chapter 37: The accident

Narrative's POV

On the day of Orn's accident

Orn was feeling feverish as the weather at Phuket played around with her condition when it was sunny in the morning, but it turned into thundery showers at night. However, she didn't want her fever to affect her holiday trip with Becky as it would be hard to bring her again for another trip and have fun.

Worse again, Orn had no one to accompany her to go to the hospital and when she was about to go, her headache intensified making it hard for her to go alone. She needed Becky to come back.

Struggling on her own, Orn finally decided to call Becky about her whereabouts after hearing that Becky had problems with the false accusations that were blamed on her. 

Again, Orn felt like she didn't want to burden Becky more with her problems and tried to solve them alone. Orn also didn't want to make Becky feel worried about her condition, so she decided to text her that she was going to the pharmacy and buy herself medications to treat her fever.

Trying to act like it was not a big deal, Orn reassured Becky straight away that she will be fine. Orn mustered up herself to walk and find a pharmacy near the hotel. 

...

On the way to the retail shop, Orn received another call from her doctor, which was her first time receiving it from them. Having no clue as to why they called her this late, she answered the call with hesitation and confusion, "Hello, Dr Paul...may I know why you call me?" 

"Are you having headaches often lately?" Dr Paul sounded urgent.

Reminding herself what she had been recently feeling, Orn could tell that she was occasionally feeling headaches out of nowhere, causing herself to have trouble walking. Sometimes, she felt like she was having lack of energy even without doing anything. However, she thought every symptom that she listed was typical for her since she relentlessly worked from day until night.

On the other hand, Dr Paul thought otherwise when he told me to schedule another appointment at his hospital. Since Orn had high curiosity at that time, she was stern enough to get the information that the Dr was trying to hide from his patient. 

"What is this all about, Dr?" Orn wanted the truth from her doctor. 

With a soundless sigh, he began to inform me, "Based on your previous checkup, we found out something about your MRI image...and we detected that there's a large tumour in your brain. With that being said, we are still unsure whether the tumour is cancerous or not. So, Orn...before it's getting worse, I recommend that you do surgery and examine a sample of your tissue for us to determine further the type of brain tumour you are having. I am very sorry to give you this bad news, Orn..." 

And Orn was standing on the side road, hearing everything that her doctor said. It tears her apart when the news broke to her and honestly, she's trying to stay focused.

But, she's scared...

Orn was hanging on by a thread and every breath that she was taking felt like death is coming to knock her off. Her fear of death made her lost in the dark.

And her feeling as of now, surely the darkest she has ever felt in her life. Even when Orn's doctor hasn't confirmed his diagnosis for her, she knew right then that her body was telling something.

It all makes sense now as to why she was having all these symptoms. Because her body warned her of the possibility she was getting. 

Fighting with her inner demon, she holds on to herself and is strong. And she knew right away that she was never felt so alone when Becky texted her that she would be there soon.

Time to tell Becky everything, she determined to ask Becky for some encouragement and help her get through this challenge. At that moment, she already decided what to do when she met Becky, but Orn didn't beg the god to give her one more day.

Despite the headache, before she can do anything, Orn was already out of breath. The message that she was holding on, slowly reside in her heart but not in the person she loves the most.

As Orn was about to go back to her hotel, she got herself in a car accident with a sport red car. Orn tried to move her body, but to no hope, she was in great pain. She could only move her head when she saw a familiar face. "Ma'am...help- me..." Orn cried in silence.

And from there it was all a blur when all that Orn could hear was sirens in the distance. She wanted to scream loud, as there was a regret for not taking care of herself and through the open night, it was too late for Orn as all she could see was pitch black.