Chapter 2: My sexuality

Becky's POV

After filming the SCOY series, I spend a lot of time with the cast, especially Orn. When we are together, there hasn't been a moment where I get tired of her. Instead, the friendship between each other grew stronger and better, making my life happier.

I feel so comfortable when I am with her, and we just blend well with one another, which got me thinking if we could be more than friends. So, I got the courage to ask her when it was just the two of us. For once, I thought I've made the best decision in my life.

Indeed, I made it right when she reciprocate the same feelings as mine and make it official as girlfriends.

"Yes!!! I am honoured to become your one and only girlfriend," Orn excitedly squealed in front of me. 

---------------------------------------------------

Currently, we've been secretly dating for a month now and the people around me supported my relationship with Orn, including Saint and the casts of SCOY. Anyhow, there's one who thinks otherwise and it's none other than Dav. She became defensive about me having a girlfriend as she thinks that Orn was taking advantage of me.

However, I just ignored Dav's statement because I knew Orn more than her and she was mad at me for choosing Orn's side rather than hers.

"Why do you trust her more than me? I've been knowing you longer than Orn. Ughh!" Davika annoyed.

"Dav...she's a harmless soul. She was nothing but a supportive human being to me. Maybe I should set up a meeting for you to hang out with her and bond." I tried to change her perspective because I don't want to have my only friend dislike my girlfriend.

Not understanding what I'd been suggesting, she continued to ignore me as she was persistent about her stance. I am not going to convince her more if that's what she wants because what matters is my feelings and not hers, although it might hurt Orn if she knew about this.

---------------------------------------------

5 months later

After ending the SCOY series promotion, Saint gave me a holiday before I get to play another series. Now, I plan to give myself a rest and have a proper date with Orn. 

"Babe, where do you want to go for our official date? Should we travel?" I suggested to Orn.

"Up to you...as long as you're with me, I know that I will love it!" She said.

"If you say it like that...how about going to your hometown, Phuket? I know it's been a while since you visit your region." I voiced my opinion.

"Sure!! I will be more than willing to be your tour guide during our trip." My girl planned our trip. 

<<<<<<<<Fast forward >>>>>>>

A week before I finished my holiday, I realised that my phone notifications were erratically more noisy than usual. As soon as I checked a message from Saint, I was bombarded with a lot of pictures from him, showing different screenshots of the news reports and web pages stating the rumours that I dated a girl. 

At this point, I was looking for the courage to either reveal my sexuality or lie about it. But what I do know is that the latter would make Orn feels like she didn't deserve to be disclosed publicly because my love for her is not enough to risk my career. 

Having the moment to myself, I decided to talk with Orn to get her opinion on this matter and surprisingly she supported whatever I chose to do. From then on, I am grateful that I have such an understanding girlfriend, which gives me another reason to be true to the public about my sexuality. Yet, I'm still not confident to reveal that Orn is whom I'm currently dating.  

So, I only replied to Saint to confirm the rumour about my sexual preference without beating around the bush. And within an hour after Saint released the official statement, there were mixed feelings arose from my fans. But looking on the brighter side, some of my fans supported and I even gained new fans since the followers from my social media increased rapidly from 50K to 130K. 

However, I questioned myself if in reality I am prepared to reveal my sexuality publicly when in fact this is my first time having a relationship with a girl. Plus, I haven't even officially come out and figured out the fact that I could actually love a woman. 

I don't want to claim that my statement is fake, but it's like I am forced to unfold the real me when I am not even ready to face the world. Am I ready to counteract the backlash from the public, especially now that I am a known actress? 

----------------------------------------------

The next day after the rumours, I decided to meet Dav since Phuket is also her province. I think I needed her opinion on this, especially when she knows the black-and-white of the entertainment industry.  

Arriving at a cafe near the hotel where I and Orn stayed, I settled down at the corner of the coffee shop once I ordered my non-coffee drink. Ten minutes later, Dav came and casually sit in the chair next to me. 

"What are you doing at Phuket? Are you only here to meet me?" She hoped that was the actual reason why I visited her hometown. 

"I was having a trip with Orn...but in the meantime, since I am here, might as well hang out with you..." I spoke honestly.

"Ahh...I see...so why do you want to see me?" As if she was offended that she was my additional task of the day. 

Afraid to say it loudly that I want her opinion, she begins to say something, addressing my current rumour, "By the way, I read the news...and I didn't see it coming when my only friend is gay for I don't know how long..."

I don't even know where to begin but confess that this was in fact my first time having a romantic feeling towards a woman, which I didn't see it coming. Along the way, I asked for her advice if I made the right decision in revealing the truth about my sexuality. 

"Yeah...I guess...I mean you gained popularity because of that didn't you?" She casually commented on me, but I could feel she was mocking me. However, I just ignored her attitude.

Then, the next day passed and just when I thought my concern has been resolved, I was involved in some kind of false accusation where I was proven to click baiting about my sexuality statement to increase my current SCOY series views. 

As a result, the false allegation causes a ruckus in the company, which required me to go back to my company for a moment during my holiday. Soon enough, I discussed this with my PR and Saint to find out who was the source of this defamation.

Just when I thought that I reveal the truth would be a good start to being transparent about my sexual orientation, some people wanted to manipulate my good intention. I am tired...man...can't I just love someone without being judged?

Author's note:

Looks like Becky has been through a lot this week. Hope she gets through pass her problems in the next chapter🤞

Also, ignore my grammar for now since I have no time to do a thorough proofread at the moment. Hopefully, I will have the time to do that once I completed the whole story.