Chapter 22: Felt Like a Date

Becky's POV

Asking me what I was up to when I was having a gloomy day honestly made me somewhat better. Every time I was reminded of the Dav situation, Freen made it easier for me to rationalise my hatred towards Dav because I knew that just the thought of Freen could make me feel protected and comfortable. Even when my head was heavy, at least I have someone that could still hold me up emotionally.

I know supposedly I'm tired now that I just finished my shooting for the day, but I knew better than I anticipated meeting Freen again after weeks of not seeing her. I just love it when I can't understand my own behaviour when I am around her and there's something about her that I can't seem to make sense of, especially the way she treated me.

Because of that, I will be meeting with her today and since I didn't expect to see her later, I have to shower on the set because I didn't want to get all sweaty and smelly when I met her.

Also, knowing that she will come very soon, I get my permission from Saint to go out with Freen and as always, he feels suspicious of me about what Freen is to me.

...

A few minutes later, Freen called me, indicating that she was here. I've been trying to at least do my makeup in an instant so she doesn't wait for me that long.

Now that she's here, I don't know how we go from here. And I think Freen noticed it and initiate the conversation. "Bec, have you eaten yet?" She cutely asked me.

When I turned my head to her, she stared right back at me, waiting for my answer. On the other hand, my mind's still wrapped around her. As I talked, she drove her car to a secluded restaurant, and I assumed she chose the place because of my celebrity status.

Even when she didn't say anything, I knew her action proves how considerate she was when she was with me.

Without knowing that she actually planned out our itineraries for the day on short notice, I was honestly impressed. It showed that she wanted to spend quality time with me.

Going inside the restaurant, I could tell from the set-up that this eatery is meant for couples. And it got me thinking if Freen ever considered this as a date because I don't think this vibe suited our 'former boss-employee' relationship.

At some point, it's easy to say what I meant by the situation between me and Freen, but it's harder to say it out loud because there's always doubt about everything. Like if she feels the same way as me...

Nevertheless, I let my guard down so I can be comfortable throughout the time, and as always, Freen never makes me feel burdened. She requested the waiter for more water if I finished mine, and she offered to cut my steak and give some of her food to my plate.

I could see in her eyes that she cared for me and because of her attentive attitude, the mood was peaceful and warm.

On top of that, I don't want to take her for granted, so, I brought her somewhere private, where no one knows about that location. The place where I spend most of my time deep thinking—is a garden for star gazing.

As we went close to the garden, I recommended she let herself be comfortable and lay down on the ground. And just like that, the two of us lay on the grass as the stars lighted up, waiting for us to quiet our thoughts and let the peace flow through us.

And for a good 10 minutes, we let the breeze and the stars silence us, but not until my eyes gravitated to her. At that time, she closed her eyes, as if she wanted to let nature consume her negative energy. I'm well aware of what she's doing and because of that, I let my eyes appreciate her beauty more without her looking at me.