Epilogue: Two for life

Becky's POV

Waking up the next morning, I opened my eyes to see my girlfreen, whose presence seemed to suck my soul. As I made sure not to wake her up, I couldn't help but caress her face because I missed her so much. 

After a month of not seeing each other, thinking of the impossible about her ended with finding my soon-to-be wife trying to get my parents' blessing for our wedding. What could go wrong?

"I am a horrible person for assuming Freen of doing horrible acts, and I am guilty of that. The least I could do is to repay her by treating her right and taking care of her with everything I have." I reminded myself.

As I adored her face for quite some time, Freen finally woke up in agony as a result of drinking too much with my dad from last night. "Arghh!" She massaged the side of her head to minimize the intense pulsating.

Before she realised her surroundings, she was about to talk before I impulsively sealed my lips to hers. My hands were now on her waist, trying to deepen the kiss. Even more, I pushed my body against her as I had been wanting to kiss her from the moment I woke up. 

At first, Freen seemed taken aback by my sudden moves, but she was neither upset nor angry. In fact, after that, she just gave me a big smile. Even though I did it out of nowhere, she was anticipating the kiss like she needed it. And I, too, needed it as I felt like I would die if I stopped kissing her.

Bringing my neck closer to her, I nervously whispered, "We need to talk, Freen..." 

She looked up at me and didn't say anything as it seemed she didn't want me to know about what she did with my parents. 

Instead, both of her hands rested on my curves, where she played her fingers making circles on my skin. Instantly, I gulped hard, not knowing what to say next. 

However, I must stay strong and confront her for not telling me about her attempt to invite my parents to our wedding. I bit my mouth trying to resist her touch. 

I even tried to jot down everything I wanted to say to her in my mind, but I couldn't think straight when she said the sentence. My heart was beating like there was no tommorow when I heard it.

"I am completely in love with you, Bec..." Freen said the word while maintaining her eye contact towards me. 

She continued with her eyes slowly moving down, "And I- I know that having a secret from you was a bad decision...but I just wanted you to have the happiest wedding in the presence of everyone you love, including your parents. I know you didn't ask for it, but I know that you will need them to be at your wedding because they are your happiness." 

As I digest everything she says, without telling her, she knows me well enough about what I want and need. Strangely enough, I couldn't stay mad at her for too long because her intention was so pure and that's when I knew that I would forever be falling in love with my girl over and over again even if she made me mad.

"Freen...baby, I understand where you're coming from, but how I wish you could share the burden with me and not deal with my parents by yourself..." I requested. 

She pouted since she thought that her action made me mad at her, which I am. However, I loved her too much to the point where I didn't have the energy to stay angry, especially when my heart squeezed tightly after seeing her in a tense condition. 

I took a deep breath as I felt like crying, but I resisted when I held her hands. I still sniffled as my heart finally understood how Freen would pamper me and sacrifice everything she had just to make me happy. She was my safe haven.

In a comforting embrace, she whispered while her eyes glazed on me, "Becky...ever since I heard about your past life, all I wanted to do was to lessen or get rid of the unfortunate moments that you've gone through. Even before I fell in love with you, I already had the urge to protect you and not make you miserable because my heart aches when you are sad. You made me fight for my weaknesses and be the stronger version of myself. You changed me, completely. I wish I could describe why I am hopelessly in love with you as it felt like I couldn't explain enough to you. I just love you. I love you, my love, my heart, my world, my everything."