Chapter 44: Free

Becky's POV

Three months after Orn's case closed, I finally had the time to begin my acting career after months of hiatus. By accepting more series, my life become busy lately, which I've been wanting for it to happen for so long. The best part is my work has become less stressful and drama-free, making my life more enjoyable.

Apart from my career, my love life also was blooming with Freen hinting at making our wedding as soon as possible. She looked cheerful every time she talked about it, and honestly, I would too if not because of my parents.

Even though Freen's side gave us the green light to proceed with the wedding by the end of this year, I have yet to tell my parents about getting married to Freen. The worst part is I think they may or may not know that my partner is Freen, despite the media revealing our relationship.

I needed to feel something deep in my heart that I wanted to hear from my parents. My mom and dad's approval and support. There's no way to escape the fact that I will need their support for my wedding. And I don't even know what their reaction would be like, especially when I was already disappointed at how they treated me before because of the career change.

However, I don't want to run away anymore and hide my life and partner from them. I know I am begging for the impossible, but I've got to tell them about my wedding sooner or later.

Luckily for me, Freen didn't force me to meet them since she knows how my relationship is with my parents. Wondering about the impossible, she did mention that it would be nice to try and reconcile with my parents before it's too late.

...

Two days later, I drove to my neighbourhood, hoping to meet my parents after years of not seeing them. Trying to stay calm, I knocked on the door like a stranger and quickly took a deep breath before I did something stupid.

Within minutes later, I could hear footsteps making their way to the doorstep, which indicated someone was there at the house. The first thing I saw when the door was opened was my mom and she still looked the same as I last time saw her, but with more wrinkles and less smile.

"Mom...I'm back..." I tried to be kind to one another.

And that's when I saw her tears leave her eyes, which soon went gone after my mom trying to wipe it without being obvious. "Becky...how have you been doing, my dear?" My mom asked sadly. Despite being sad about her daughter, it is not good enough to hug me for missing me so much.

Still, she called my dad from afar, making it seem like she wanted to share the joy that her daughter was here. Soon later, my dad was in front of me, looking nervous at her daughter as if he didn't know how to start the conversation with me.

However, though I missed them, I still remember their treatment toward me and set my goals straight to the point as to why I came here in the first place. Before they knew it, they were kind enough to let me in and sit to have a little chitchat.

Seeing them not knowing what to say, I just began telling a little update about myself. "Dad...mom...I will get married by the end of this year..." I adressed the purpose of myself going there.

With pause, I continued the key point of the story, "And the one I will be marrying is a woman whom I loved dearly,"

Trying to decipher what are they currently thinking, just by their body movement, I could already tell that they were perplexed by the news. With my mom fidgeting her fingers, which means she's uncomfortable about my revelation. And as for my dad, I don't have to read him because he exposed himself clearly, "I'm not going to bless your marriage and that's period. Just when I thought you were going to quit your job because of the recent controversies that happened....now you're adding another problem and marrying a girl...? Why, Becky??"