Chapter 26: Shyness

Freen's POV

Truthfully, I'm trying to focus on staring at Bec's lips. But not until she stole my first kiss, which I am not mad about. I don't want to lose myself just because of her lips, but I felt sorry for myself because I am already losing.

The moment when she touched my lips, my brain can't equate to the fact that Bec kissed me because I knew by now Bec had romantic feelings for me, making me the happiest woman on this entire planet.

There's no reason for me to duck all the signs now that I know we're in the same boat. Imagining how far I would go with her in this lifetime, I promised myself not to let her go and express myself through action. And the fact that she's currently in my room, I gained the confidence to kiss her back, knowing she felt the same way.

Just like that, I had an amazing kissing session with Bec until my mother had to ruin our moment. There's no reason for my mom to stay here and because of that, I indirectly told her to stay away from me as I want to continue kissing Becky.

Until my mom went to her house, Bec was too shy to even look at me and to make a start, she offered to eat the sushi with me. It's funny how indifferent she was when she courageously initiated our first kiss, but still, look timid when she tried to make eye contact with me.

...

As soon as Bec left abruptly after eating her sushi, I can't help but think about how to go from here regarding our relationship. Of course, there's no hesitation that I liked Bec, for sure.

At the end of the day, we still need to talk about ourselves and avoiding each other won't help our relationship to progress. I admit it's exciting to even think about being together with Becky.

But, in the back of my mind, there's a part that I am unsure of, like her reputation as a celebrity. Since she is currently a rising actress, the likelihood that my life will be exposed publicly is higher, providing that our relationship is revealed by the reporters.

Just imagining how society will publicly scrutinize our relationships from left to right and dictate our bond if they are ever dissatisfied with how we acted towards each other made me want to run away again like before. 

I guess maybe I am being dramatic when I haven't yet been in a relationship with Bec, but the fact that there's a chance I will be going through the same pathway as my parent intimidate me. 

I don't know if I can be the person for Becky to trust and rely on because I looked frail enough to protect someone I loved, as I already failed to even help my mother in the past. 

Then again, if I don't allow myself to date her and let her be happy with someone else, I know for sure I couldn't take it. Not after she completely locked my heart to let it fill with my love for her only. 

And I can't be without her. I'm stuck now and I know that I will never be the same if I tried to pull myself apart from her. There's something that I can't seem to explain what I felt towards Bec. 

Am I in love with her already?

...

Staying up all night to spend my time thinking about every question in my head sounded heavy, but even worse was that I am too scared to move forward and confess. 

Yet, I built the courage to contact her, but to no dismay, she haven't replied me for half day. Trying to stay optimistic, I assumed that she was busy filming since today is shooting day. 

However, after a few hours, I can't help but try to reach her manager instead as I remembered that he gave me his company card before. Without waiting another minute, I immediately called him to know about Bec's whereabouts.

"Saint, this is Freen...Do you know where is Bec right now?" I was stressed as I overthink every action that I made. 

Figuring out what this is all about, he was helpful with that information without making it an issue. "She's currently at the cafe, filming her series. You can visit her during her break, which is literally one more hour left." He pointed out that I must get there as fast as possible without interrupting her work. 

As fast as I could, I drove my way to the cafe and met her. On the other hand, she was surprised to see me and adding to that she was helplessly shy to even make eye contact with me. 

"Okay... this is getting difficult..." I told myself. 

Saint, being the best man, addressed that we should hang out in Bec's car to give ourselves some privacy. Like a lost kid, we just followed what he told us and sit in the car. 

From then on, I begin to fidget with my phone, trying to think about what to say first. "Bec...why didn't you reply to my text earlier?" I asked her even though I know that she probably was too busy to check her phone.

Or that's what I thought was the case until she started to blush, indicating that she read my text but chose to ignore it. 

Because of that, I became timid to even talk to her as I was scared that I might annoy her too much. Just like that, I silenced myself because I don't know what to do next. Searching for my faults, I mentally try to pinpoint where I am doing wrong. 

Taking my time to restart the conversation but I was too embarrassed to be in the same room as her. So, I began to open the car's door before she stopped me from doing so. I guess it's not an option for me to run away from my problem. 

Again, I looked at her for the second time and I saw her face getting redder than when I first saw her today. For that reason, I became concerned about her instead of worrying about professing my feelings to her. 

"What's wrong, Bec?" I cupped both of my hands on her cheeks. I felt my hands become warm. 

When she didn't answer me, I was trying to be patient, but I have no time to entertain her silent treatment towards me because, at this point, I am worried about her hot, reddish face that looked like it was about to pop any minute. 

"Bec! Answer m-" I was silenced. 

Soon enough, I felt her hot breath near my lips, and her lips engulfed mine with her body in a rather unexpected position as I felt that she sat on my lap. Shortly after that, I inevitably closed my eyes as I felt an intense feeling in my stomach. 

I could merely hear my heart beating as our lips pressed together, almost felt like I was drowning in alcohol when I begin to feel lightheaded from the non-stop making-out session. 

Feeling overwhelmed with my current emotion, I retreated from her as not only butterflies were dancing in my stomach, but also elephants because my stomach was practically content that I received kisses from Becky. 

The rush of sensations I experienced was even greater than when we first kissed, making me forget my misery three minutes ago. 

What have you done to me, Bec? 

And whatever she did to me, I swear I can't stop these wonderful feelings even if I wanted to...cause my lips already feel like hers

Author's notes:

Second kiss and counting💋