Chapter 38: An update

Becky's POV

At first, I thought it was another lie created by Dav. But I couldn't ignore the fact that she would go that far to manipulate me. I just don't believe that she has the nerve to do that to me, especially after she confesses to me. It didn't sit right if she was going to lie to the person she loves.

Still, I can't give up as I've seen how she acted when she accused me of stealing her career. Even though she got her witness to prove who the culprit was, I might just turn blind and search for the truth myself. But is it worse for me if I ignore the truth?

Trying to find more evidence to prove me wrong, I asked for help from Saint where he had been recruiting a private detective. And now, I am on my way to the company and hear an update on the culprit. After all the things that I will discover, hopefully, I won't regret knowing the new information that I am about to hear and see.

...

At the office, Saint and the detective discussed their findings with me. As careful as they can be, they gradually reveal something significant. "Apparently, there's a new witness inside the pharmacy store where they saw Orn left shortly before the accident happened." The detective explained.

"And? Did you talk to them?" I was feeling anxious.

"Ma'am...I was thinking that you should be prepared for the worst...The witness mentioned that they saw a red Ferrari car rushed away from the crime scene. On top of that, based on the description alone, we can confirm that Freen's mom does have the exact car brand." The detective added.

During all of this silence, I was anticipating that the detective found something different that didn't suspect Freen's mom as the killer. My hands were shaking from holding back this information and the tears came down without me trying hard.

However, despite my mental breakdown, Saint comforted me and went against the detective with his investigation team. "Actually, Becky...I met the witness myself and when I went to her shop, I found out that she had CCTV installed in front of her store. So, I asked for her permission to view the record from the day of the incident. But, for all the hassle, unfortunately, the video wasn't clear enough to show what kind of car it was and who was the driver..." Saint discovered.

"But, three days ago, as I had a meeting with some of the big entertainment company CEOs, I saw a different kind of red Ferrari car and it belonged to Orn's boss, who also happened to be Dav's mom..." He tried to make the connection.

As he wanted to narrow down the suspects, he noted the model of the car that Orn's boss and Freen's mom have. And as he shared a comparison between these two red cars, I was even more confused as the cars were so similar to one another.

The cars were the same colour with the same car brand

The cars were the same colour with the same car brand. Literally, it looked the same thing, which was pointless for us to compare. The only difference was the rim and whether the car was convertible or not.