Chapter 35: Misunderstanding

Becky's POV

When I heard Orn's name, my body immediately went idle, as if frozen to death. My mind went wild with what Dav was going to tell me about. I was scared but at the same time curious about knowing what Dav have in her mind. 

"What is it..." I felt anxious waiting for her to respond. Before she even began to talk, she ushered me to go somewhere private, as what she was about to say was going to be sensitive and secretive. 

However, at that time, my mind overlooked the fact that Freen was still waiting for me in the car as I was too consumed with Dav's discovery about Orn. Having not enough patience, I consciously followed Dav to a secluded place, near a parking lot. 

One look from her showed how serious she was about it, and so I become more anxious in knowing what she said. Though she wanted to tell me something, I feel like Dav was perplexed to initiate the talk.

She had never been this scared before, but I can tell it will make make a headline because of how controversial it was going to be.

"Did she has every answer to my every question about Orn's case?" I started to assume the possibility of her approaching me first in the first place.

Before I overthink, she took her eyes off me, looking as if she was too ashamed of herself. "Becky...I'm sorry for mistreating you-" She began to apologize even though I don't want to hear it.

"Stop. Dav. Just tell me about Orn..." I was stern about my decision to hear the information from her. 

Trying to change my mindset of her, she obeyed and told me about Orn. "I may or may not discover the culprit of Orn's accident...and I began my suspicion during Mrs Chankimha's party when I saw a red car that was similarly identical as described by a witness who was there when the accident happened." She told a story.

"What do you mean a witness?? Where did you find them? Are you secretly investigating Orn's cases without my permission?" I was mad that she got the information before me.

Feeling a little rush, Dav explained in detail about the start of her investigation, "I have a connection from the inside to help me out find every evidence that they could find, and when they asked around, there was someone who saw everything. And the reason why I did all this was because I cared for you. I love you..." She was confessing to me out of nowhere.

"What?! Wait a second...I need a moment to digest everything that you said." I was overly confused at this moment to even realise that Freen was there but gone within a second after Dav's confession. 

It's like my eyes were suddenly blurry to focus on what's in front of me right now. To try and understand Dav's news about Orn's case, I became more mad that the culprit was there with me at the party and I despised the fact. "Who is it!" I was trying to control my angriness even though it was not working this time. 

And when she said their name, I suddenly become even more shocked, rather than angry. "It's Mrs Chankimha's car...Becky..." She hesitated to say. 

Numb. Confused. Dead. 

After years and years of idolizing Mrs Chankimha, I could never imagine her as someone that evil or even close to one. She was the opposite of evil. Wrapping the information around my head, I become silenced. I refused to believe Dav. "That's not true...it can't be..." I was telling myself. 

As a way to cope myself with this problem, I ran away from Dav because I was scared of the truth. I'm too scared to know more, knowing it's going to add more pain to me, especially since it's involving my current girlfriend.

...

After my encounter with Dav, I forgot that she confessed her love to me as my mind was flooded with Orn's case.