Chapter 39: False accusation

⚠️Warning for any violence ⚠️

Becky's POV

After my ride back to my home, I was scared to continue the investigation knowing that someone was watching me from afar. At least my mind was more or less at ease after discovering the culprit was not Freen's mom.

Talking about Freen, I don't know who to rely on anymore and I must admit that I've been slacking on taking care of Freen as my mind was consumed with Orn's case. But that didn't stop me from reaching her and calling her even though there was no sound coming from her.

I even went to her mom's house and she told me that she was on a business trip. At this point, I was on the verge of giving up on her because I had too much on my plate. She wasn't here to support me when I was at my weakest.

In the end, I ended up at Toey's house to let her know about Orn's case. Confidently, she yelled in joy as she knew right away that Freen's mom was innocent and was grateful that I fought for the truth.

As we talked, of course, Toey sneakily brought up Freen and mentioned to me that her bff already knew about the accusation that was made at her mom. 

During our conversation, she told me about Freen's current condition where she was having anxiety relapse, considering that I am supposed to know all this because of my relationship with her bff.

Naturally, I begin to recall the first time I saw her having a panic attack during the Thanksgiving party. I remembered how she briefly ran away to the bathroom without me knowing just to calm herself down. Suddenly, I became worried when Toey mentioned that Freen was having another relapse. So, I requested Toey to call and text her bff.

Minutes by minutes went by and it appeared to us that Freen was unreachable at the moment. While Toey called Freen, I called her mom to ask for Freen's destination, knowing that Freen was on a business trip.

But, to my fear, her mom also didn't know where she went and that put me and Toey to nowhere. Then, I realised that I still have contact with my previous colleagues from Freen's company to let me know the details of her whereabouts.

"I am sorry, Becky...we thought she was on vacation as she appeared absent for a week now..." My colleagues told me.

Hearing the statement from her employee, Toey started to become frightened by the new information about her bff. "What are we going to do, Becky??" Toey panicked.

Didn't understand where Toey was coming from, I asked why she was scared that Freen was having her time alone. At that moment, Toey explained everything that this is her method of calming herself down whenever she is overwhelmed with herself.

"...gone without a trace..." Toey brought up the story in despair. 

Because I don't want to think negatively of the situation, I responded to Toey that Freen might just need a little space from us and that's okay.

Nevertheless what I said, Toey strongly stated, "And that's the problem..Freen with herself...I still remember the last time she was like this..." She started to let out a tear and continued with her story, "She...Freen was on the verge of taking her own life since she was isolating herself too much from the real world"

Hearing Toey say that, my heart suddenly palpitates rapidly and my hand sweats profusely. Now, it gave me more reason to search for her. At this point, I don't care about Orn's situation and concentrate on my present because I don't want to lose the person I love again.

For Orn's matter, I gave my full trust in Saint to handle Dav's mom as I told him the whole story and gave him the crucial evidence that was given to me by Dav after she revealed almost everything to me yesterday.