Chapter 40: Scolding

Becky's POV

Nobody knows how I felt at this moment. How scared I am after I find out about Freen's story from her best friend. It's rough going through these things alone until I feel numb. When I start crying because of stress, the emotion works like a domino when I begin to cry not just about my entire life, but also because of my girlfriend and my family. It's like you don't even know how things are going to work from now on.

I don't know what else will be gone from my life despite me planning everything out in order. But what I do know is my effort to take care of what I have because I believe that whatever happens to me happens for a reason, including Orn's death. For someone who was gone in my life, maybe it's time for them to go because it's the only way for me to let go of things. I can't stay in the darkness for too long because I have a long way to go in my life.

But for those who are still here, I want to try my hardest and do everything I can to bring back my loved one. I just have to find different ways to search for her, hoping that I still have the time to love her again like before and be happy.

Recovering myself instantly because I had no time to waste with my gloomy side, I kept looking for Freen non-stop until I knew nowhere to go. At last, I decided to go to her parent's house.

...

Her mom greeted her with a constricted smile, making it seem that she felt bad about what was happening between me and Freen. However, I refused to let her empathy be the reason for me not to tell the truth about what was actually going on between us.

In the end, I told her the truth about the accusation of Orn's death and also a little bit about Dav's mom. When I talked about it, she got up from the sofa but got troubled to stand on her own as she was overwhelmed by the information. "I am so sorry, Mrs Chankimha...for making your life miserable...I just-" I was too devastated to continue. "It's all so difficult..." I tried to explain the situation to her.

Mrs Chankimha closed her eyes to digest everything that I said and took a deep breath before she cautiously turned to my attention. "Please...Becky, don't apologize...sometimes life tests you for the better...we just need to learn how to deal with it little by little. As for Freen...I am such a bad mother to her because this is my first time hearing about her panic disorder..." She tore out without me noticing.

I commented, remembering how Freen always admired her mother, I comforted her mom so she wouldn't feel bad for herself for not knowing, "She's going to be fine, Mrs Chankimha...if she can recover before, this time I know she will do the same too."

She smiles and nods to everything I said. Then, she gave me a worried look as she seemed tense on what to do from now on. "What are we going to do, Becky?" Freen's mom said.

Soon later, a small smile appears on her face when she has something on her mind, "Maybe, I could ask Freen's dad to help us...although he's going to nag me for realising too late about our family's problem..." She pointed out that there's a possibility that her husband is going to be mad.

However, that didn't stop her from calling Freen's dad on the spot, even though no one answered from the other side. "Hmmm..that's weird...he always answers my phone." She found it odd. I reply immediately to ask where Freen's dad was since we're talking about him.

At that moment, she connected the dots as she murmured her words, "I'm not sure about that...but he did act differently today when he told me to stay put at home." As she talked, she slowly realised something, "Also, before you came into the house, I observed that there was a car watching every movement that I made, which was kind of eerie..."

"Don't tell me..." She paused in suspense. "He knows about it already?" She was scared of the possibility. Right then, she called her husband back to back without a pause.