Chapter 5: The tip-off

Becky's POV

The first thing I did after I arrived in Bangkok was to go to Orn's company to come clean as to why she was in Phuket. Her manager was very sad about the loss of her employer. However, the people who are higher up in the company behave indifferently, as if the news didn't affect them at all. They even keep on telling me that it was no one's fault, and didn't make an effort to find the person who caused the car accident.

At the same time, I stumbled upon Dav since Orn's company happened to be Dav's company as well. As soon as she heard about the death, she immediately hugs and tell me that everything was going to be okay.

"I already warned you earlier that it's not going to work out between the two of you, but you decided to go against me...look what happened to Orn..." Dav alerted her concern towards me.

Then she added, "although I know it's not directly your fault, the fact that you're there with her seems partly your responsibility for not taking care of her..."

Because of her comment, I become more upset at myself because she was right about one thing. I was the one who caused her fate to become like this. I was the one who made her go buy her medicine late at night, despite knowing that there's always potential danger.... but I chose to ignore it and not be able to protect her. I cried even more...

At this point, the people at Orn's company looked at me with pity even though they didn't know about my relationship, but they knew we worked together and were very close with one another.

-----------------------------------

When I thought the grieving time has resided, more complications took place. I guess my life's just not as easy as it seems when someone revealed my romantic relationship with Orn after the news of her death.

I know at some point the public will know about my past relationship with Orn, but I still couldn't believe that someone close to me would betray me as I know that I only told about my relation to my close circle.

Someone must have informed the media about me and Orn just to see me suffer. But I couldn't think of anyone close to me that has bad intentions to destroy my reputation.

Now that the world knows, every action that I have done, or will be making will be judged and turn it into something that people could make a big deal out of it. Even the smallest things can turn into headlines and when these things didn't go the way they like, it can ruin the fan's love and appreciation for the celebrities.

When the public heard about my relationship, the majority of them blamed me that I am the reason why Orn's death because they thought that her death was too sudden and suspicious. However, some people still support me despite the unexpected revelation, but because of multiple accusations made against me, my reputation was ruined. In the end, it is affecting my career, and I have no energy to even think of it at this time.

On the other side, Saint was in a mental breakdown over the news and instructed me to be on the down low for a while. I am guilty of him because not only I made him deal with my problems, but he also have to clean up the issues that affected the company's reputation.

---------------------------------

Watching the days pass, I barely talk to people, not even my manager because I am just a broken piece who is ready to burden the people I love. How many more times should I go through this misery...

My heart has not yet recovered after the loss of my girl, and now that I couldn't even do the things that I love hurt me even more. Have I gone wrong somewhere before this? What did I do to deserve all the bad things that happened in my life?

I know that eventually, I will have better days, but there's a part of me not wanting to continue feeling unhappy. Every night, I ended up having teary-eyed in my dark room, building up the pain I put my heart through.

Not until someone called me on the phone. Curiously, I looked up at my phone and see Dav's name. Trying to get reconnected to the real world, I nonchalantly answered the phone, "Hello, Dav..."

"Becky...are you okay?" She became worried about my well-being.

Hesitantly, I tried my best not to show my disheartening mood, "I tried my best to be okay...thanks for asking..."

Suddenly, she tried to make me feel better, telling me that everything was going to be okay now that she made a pact with the original journalist who disclosed my love life without permission.

"You don't have to do that for me...Dav...but how do you know the journalist when the writer of the article was anonymous?" I was puzzled.

For a second, she became quiet and immediately tried to end the conversation, "You don't have to know about it...I have my ways."

Of course, I have nothing against her helping me, but that is out of her character when she's the one who doesn't like the thought of me with Orn. Maybe she's a good friend of mine after all.

Author's note:

When should Freen appear...?