Chapter 12: Guilt and chance

Freen's POV

As usual, whenever I have something on my mind, I refer to my best friend, Toey. When I had my day off yesterday, I met Toey and immediately she brought up her actress's friend who applied at my company.

"So...are you going to accept her into your company?" She anticipated my answer.

On the other side, I struggled to say something cause I know I will let my best friend down with my reply. But, I choose to stay true to my answer and said, "No...for obvious reasons...which you probably know already..."

Then, things just got much harder when Toey told me the story about how hard it is for Rebecca to apply to any other company because of her reputation and controversies. Besides, she really needs this position so much in order for her to improve herself as an actress and regain back her honour.

Forgetting what Toey talked about earlier, I emphasizes again that she could find another company that isn't me. But what Toey said next kills me a little, "Freen...that's the thing, she tried but because of her fame, everyone knows about her story and rejected her... plus they also talked bad in front of her as if everything is her fault..."

I heard Toey and felt really bad for her friend. I really do but I want to know why I am the one who needs to handle her. So, I asked Toey why she decided that I am the right person to take in the girl.

At that time, she struggled very hard to persuade me, "well...I know your company is the perfect company...because you don't condone any kind of mistreatment to ruin your company and your people. Hence why you're the perfect person for her... You always take your company's privacy seriously and the media as well, you fully controlled them whenever there was a company event. And the important part is that you protect your people like they're your family."

Hearing what she got to say, I was now having a second thoughts about it. I can feel it in my brain that I will have to convince my employee if I suggest recruiting one more PA. Although, in my head, I already decided to take in this girl because my heart says to pity her...or am I really?

-------------------------------------

Becky's POV

A week later, I got a call from the company run by the daughter of my favourite actress and I must say that I was surprised that I got the internship. At first, I get the sense that I'm not going to be accepted by the Ceo because she thinks that I'm bad for the company, but really I understand her too if she rejected me because of my issues.

I guess when I've been a mess, I just need to learn and accept my fate. But, looking on the bright side, I will start working with Freen's company next week and hopefully, by the end of the month, I will gain something from it.

Obviously, before I apply for the internship, I had a talk with Saint about it and he suggested that if I am planning to become PA permanently, it's better for me to terminate the contract. However, I refused his offer instantly because I still want to work in the industry and agree to be doing this program for a month only.

Fast forward to the start of Becky's internship program

On the first day of the internship, I was first introduced to every employee in the company, including the Ceo. As for my office, I was placed next to the current PA with my two other interns who will have their training with the current PA for a week. 

So far, the current PA taught me quite well, providing that I didn't take any related field in administration. Although, I'm lost in the fact that I didn't get much interaction with Freen, especially when she still relied too much on her old PA.

I understand her and I guess it's best that I stayed out of her way for me to get my training as PA for my acting role. However, I couldn't help once in a while I stole a glimpse of what she was doing since her room is just around the corner from my office.

Unproud of my stealthy look, I was now given a serious face from Freen, which makes me think that she was mad at me. Yet again, she has been staring at me from afar for a long time.

Not a glaring stare. More like a curious stare, as if she wanted to talk with me about something. But, I didn't dare at that time and ignored her.  Because of that, I've been constantly working very hard and concentrating on my work just so I could nail my role during my shooting, which will begin in the next two weeks.

And just like that, a week has passed and I still work diligently until today when I have to stay up late at the office because I accidentally made a mistake and had to redo everything.

If not because of someone calling my name, I would probably go home late. "Rebecca...you haven't gone home yet?" A woman who has been mysteriously once in a while glances at me while I work without me knowing.

"Not yet, ma'am..." I tried to be respectful because this is probably the first time I last talked with her after the interview.

When I made eye contact with her, I feel a brief electric shock from my body without me touching anything. Am I that scared of her, causing my body to become tense?

"Ohh...don't call me that...just address me by my name, please. I'm not that far from your age..." She is upset rather cutely, which makes me want to pinch her bunny cheeks.

I must say I didn't expect her to behave this way, but I liked this side of her. A cute side.

Author's notes:
Bear with me for my slow update from now on😢It's hard to write something because of my hectic schedule. I'll see what I can do yeah😇