CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: TELLING THE NEWS

CHICAGO, IL

~ DAYVON BENNETT | KING VON ~

After, all that shit that happened Asian and I finally back on good terms. During our break I didn't fuck no hoes or text any other bitches that's been waiting they turn. I been chillin'. Especially since I'm taking Asian and I relationship serious. And I ain't tryna' fuck that up.

Later on today I'm suppose to take her out. I was too geeked to see my bitch. Might knock her ass up tonight. I smirked at the thought, as I picked out my fit.

I heard my phone ring in my room. I was in my closet. "Shit. Hold on." I say, as I went out of my closet to grab my phone.

It was a number I didn't recognized. I furrowed my eyebrows wondering who it could be. I answered the phone after the third ring. "Hello? Who dis'?" I asked, as I scrunch my face up at the phone.

"It's Kaydence."

I was silent after finding out the caller was Kay. This bitch got a lot of nerve. "You got a lot of nerve callin' my phone after all the shit you started between me and my bitch."

"Von. I'm really not tryna' go there with you. It's important. I need to see you."

"I'm busy. You can say whatever it is you gotta' say on the phone gang. On bro'."

"Alright. Well let's start with me going to work one day. And out of the blue I passed out..."

"And?"

"My boss ran some tests on me and I'm pregnant."

I was silent. It seems like I had all the answers but for some reason I ain't know what to say about this. Ion never run from my responsibilities but somehow I knew it was gone come down to this.

"How far along are you?" I asked, as I was tryna' calculate the days since we fucked. Felt like a good two-three months. "About two-three months." Damn. My plan was to ruin her life before I started feeling her but it seems like that plan worked anyway.

"Damn."

"Look if you want some kind of relief to fill the void there's a slight chance that Kyree might be the father." I wanted to throw my phone after she said that name.

I couldn't really be angry because least it was just one nigga instead of five. "Nah lil' folks... I know what I did that night. I ain't finna' be a bitch or a goofy about my seed. If its my seed."

"I'm really not sure. I used protection with my ex but you know how that can go. And with you it was raw so yeah. Little after that I had I guess implantation bleeding and boom. I was pregnant."

So this could be my baby after all. "So what you gonna' do gang? You gonna' get a DNA test when the baby is born?"

"Honestly I just wanna' do it while the baby is still in the womb. I don't wanna' wait all that time just as yall or one gets too attached when the baby isn't theirs."

"I feel you. But if that nigga get delusional. I got my pole."

She laughed. "Nah as long as there's a baby in me there will be no violence between you guys."

"Just save that nigga the trouble and tell em' that's my baby. And it won't be no issues."

"Von how can you be so sure of that?"