CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: BABY TALK

CHICAGO, IL

~ DAYVON BENNETT | KING VON ~

"Von I can't wait to go to Atlanta." Kayla smiled on her phone. "Ain't it all the shorties down there bad as fuck." Booka spoken. 

Kayla smacked her lips. "Always tryna' go for some bitches." She said with a stank look. "Speaking of bitches. That girl Kay looks like she pregnant." Kayla rolled her eyes scrolling on her phone, while laying down on the couch. 

Durk started choking on his blunt. Dthang had to pat his back hard. Muwop started laughing while scratching his neck. I walked to go out on the patio to look out at the city. Everybody was silent until somebody knocked on the door. 

"I guess I'll get it." Kayla rolled her eyes while getting off of the couch. Kayla walked to the door. She opened it. "Hey Sis!" I turned around Kayla and Asian was hugging each other. I turned back around to pretend that I didn't see her. 

"Hey." Asian greeted her back. I felt and heard footsteps moving towards me. Later after I felt arms wrapped around me. I looked down to see Asian's hands. I moved her arms, and wrapped my arm around her neck. 

"Look I'm not leaving you that easily. What we have is for life." Asian grabbed my hand. I smiled, "You right shorty. It's us against the world. Ain't nothing gonna' stop us." 

"Come here." Asian pulled me down for a kiss. I couldn't deny that I miss her. Because I did. I leaned down to kiss her back. I couldn't help but to notice that her hair was blue. She knew what she was doing. I like it. 

"Be right back. I'm finna' get my baby." I heard Kayla say. "Aye bring him back here!" I told her before she walked out. 

"I like yo' hair." I complimented her. "Thank you." Asian smiled at me. "I don't know if I'm ready for Atlanta." She muttered. "Nah Atlanta just ain't ready for you." 

She smiled at me again. "We'll see." Asian rested both of her arms on my shoulders. 

KAYDENCE YOUNG 

"Anye I think I'm gonna' finish school online to get my RN license." I told Anye as I been scrolling online to see if I could finish my progress online. "I'd talk to Greg about it. But you know Ramell desperately trying to get your number from me." Anye rolled her eyes. 

"And you ain't let em'?" I snickered with a question. '"Girl no. Fuck him. It's bad enough Von has competition with your ex." I rolled my eyes a little and hummed under my breath. 

"I'm cool off them. Besides I'm more worried about the baby than those fools." I waved them off. "I love your independence but Kay that baby has a father. You ain't make that child alone." Anye said, on FaceTime. She was curling her hair for her and Muwop's date. 

"I know I didn't but Anye... I don't want them attending anything of the baby until I figure out who's the daddy. That includes baby showers and the gender reveal." 

"What about when you go into labor?" Anye sounded disappointed. "No... I mean when I have the baby I want their DNA, and if they want to the baby I'll let them. One by one." 

"I just don't want them creating a bond when one of them may not be the father." 

"I understand. I respect your decision, and I hope what you're doing is right." Anye told me. "But sis' can you do me one favor before I leave for Atlanta?" Anye asked me. "What?" 

"Let's turn up one last time. They got a hosting out here before they go. And I'm really tryna' go." Anye begged me with a small pout with her hands intertwined together. 

"They as in Von and nem' right?" I looked at Anye with an emotionless face. "Anye I don't wanna' be around them. Each time I do some shit goes down. For the rest of the pregnancy I just want to be drama free. That's it." Anye nodded her head, understanding. 

"Okay... I understand. Well I guess we can do something else like go out to eat or something." I could Anye was upset about not going to the club. But at this path that I'm going I just want to be free. Drama free. I just want to be happy. 

"That would be nice." 

"Anye! Where you at? I'm tryna' put a baby in you." I bust out laughing hearing Muwop in the background. "Boy shut up! And I'm in the bathroom on the phone!" Anye responded back. The bathroom door creaked. I saw Muwop's head peeking through the door. "Who you talking too?" He asked. 

"Hey Muwop." I greeted him with a laugh. "Aye what's good gang?" Muwop appeared in the camera. "I'm ight just chillin'." 

"Word? How the baby doing?" He asked. "He fine." Anye retorted, making Muwop smack his lips. "I ain't ask you. Anyway Kay how's the baby?" Muwop asked again. "The baby is okay. Thanks for asking." 

 "Move out my camera." Anye pushed him out of the way. "Shut up." Muwop playfully tapped Anye's face. Anye carefully sat the curling iron down before she tried to hit him with a two piece. Muwop ran out of the bathroom before she could get her lick back. I was too busy dying of laughter at them. 

Anye rolled her eyes. "Anye speaking of babies... When you gonna' get knocked up?" 

"Girl never. I ain't giving this motherfucker a baby until he show me ready for one." Anye sassed while grabbing the curling iron again. "Anye you can give him a baby." 

"Girl." Anye gave me that stern look. "Fuck them kids." She stuck up her middle finger. I rolled my eyes playfully at her. "I hope you get a twinkle in your eye when my baby comes." I teased while sticking my tongue out at her. 

"Shit I might. But I don't know. I got life to live." Anye said, while curling the rest of her hair. I nodded my head understanding. I probably would've been graduating if I didn't put school on pause. If it wasn't for my baby...

"I feel that. Waiting is might be best anyway. But in my circumstances it had other plans." I say, looking down at my belly. Anye laughed at me. I don't regret it though. The sex was too good to regret it. Especially from Von... Kyree's is good but Von's is amazing. 

I wouldn't mind if he wanted to try again but nah. My mental health is worth way more than a one night stand. 

"Girl when you in the moment... You don't think about nothing else but you and that person in the room. So I get it." When Anye said that I started to have flashbacks of Von and I. And it's like we wasn't having regular sex, it was more so passionate. And you could tell we had feelings for each other. 

And I loved the way he was making me feel. Yeah maybe one session wouldn't hurt. Nah I'm tripping. Let me stop reminiscing. "Kay!" Anye was snapping her fingers at me. 

"Hmm." I answered, snapping out of my flashbacks. "You ain't hear me talking to you?" Anye asked, with her eyebrows furrowed. "I'm sorry I was reading a message on my phone." I lied. 

"Girl. I was just telling you that I'm about to leave." She said. "Okay have fun." I told her. "Bye." We hung up the call from each other. I looked down at my belly. He or she was growing fast. I wasn't that small anymore. I pulled up my shirt to look at the bruise. It's not as bad as it was from before. 

I kissed two of my fingers and rubbed them against my bruise. "Whatever gender you are, I love you. And I don't regret you even though I wish your daddy was fully involved but it's okay. Mommy always got you." I rubbed my by belly, until I fell asleep.