CHAPTER FORTY: ANYE'S ARRIVAL

CHICAGO, IL

2 MONTHS LATER...

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

Two months flew passed me before I knew it. Today was the day to find out what's the baby's gender. Well I won't know the gender until my gender reveal. And that'll be a long time from now. Hypothetically speaking 3 days approximately.

Now, I was waiting on Anye to come out of the airport so we can go to my appointment. I would go in and wait for her but O'Hare is terrible with the traffic inside.

30 minutes later, Anye came out of the airport with her seatcase. Anye squealed when she saw me. I walked to her and gave her a hug. "Von needs to see how big you've gotten Kay!" Anye rubbed my belly.

"He saw already. We've been FaceTiming here and there." The lord knows I needed him more than anything when that shit went down on my mama's birthday.

Poor Kennedi.

"Girl yall need to be together already shit." Anye waved me off, while walking to the back of my car to put her suitcase in the trunk.

"Anye it's complicated. I'm not in no rush anyway. Until I know the baby's father I belong to no one." I sassed, waving her off.

"Yeah yeah." Anye rolled her eyes while getting in the car. Anye looked at me, "You ready for me to find out?" Anye smiled so eagerly. My belly started growling.

"Can we stop to get something to eat first? My tummy is growling?" Anye's mouth dropped. "Uh uh Kay you would be hungry when it's almost time for me to find out the gender." Anye frowned at me.

"Okay but I'm hungry besides least you'll know." I started my car up as I got ready to pull off. "Whateva'!" Anye waved me off.

We pulled up to McDonalds of course Anye didn't get anything. She said, "She can't eat anything until she knows what gender the baby is."

I was eating my food while Anye was mugging me the whole time. I stuffed my face with fries, and a few of them dropped at the top of my stomach. "Look at you fatty." Anye shook her head at me, making me laugh.

"What? I'm hungry." I was cracking up as I was eating my fries. "Well we finna' switch spots because I'm ready to see the baby." Anye said.

I smacked my lips. "Anye I'm almost finished." I rolled my eyes as I continued to open my buffalo sauce for my nuggets. She got even more annoyed and got on her phone to ease her sanity.

My phone vibrated in my cup holder. Making me jump a little to see what it is. I grabbed my phone out of the cup holder.

VON💙
thinking bout you shorty

How's Atlanta?

VON💙
damnn folks not gone acknowledge my msg?
atl slight tho but i miss you
you miss me?

Lol i'm sorry i been thinking bout you too
you and asian. even thou it's messed up
i still think about you too
In that way...

VON💙
chill shorty
I come home soon
I wanna see you and the baby

speaking of the baby today Anye is
finding out what the gender is

VON💙
why that hoe get to find out what
my baby is first?

Von please don't start
& stop disrespecting my friend fr
before i violate ong