CHAPTER SIXTEEN: IT'S ALL GOOD

CHICAGO, IL

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

Later on after Kennedi and I watched our movie, I received a phone call from Ms. Andrews again stating that they took Kyree home. Which I wasn't really expecting so soon. But I understand since she wanted to bring her baby home.

I sighed as I sat my phone back down at the tab after reading the message. "Who was that?" Kennedi asked, "Ms. Andrews." I answered her.

"What happened?" She asked, "They took Kyree home."

"Oh... You going to see him tomorrow?" Kennedi asked, "Maybe. I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders. "Well least he won't be hooked up to those machines." Kennedi assured me. "You right."

In the morning, after taking Kennedi to work, I decided to see Kyree. His sister, Imani, wasn't there which I wasn't really worried about. I wasn't trying to disrespect their mother's house and him for beating his sister's ass.

I got the car to see that their door was open while their screen door was closed. I rung the door bell. "Who is it?" She asked, as her voice echoed through the house. "It's me Ms. Andrews!"

"Kaydence!" Ms. Andrews smiled at me while unlocking the screen door to open it. "Hi." I greeted her with a small smile. Ms. Andrews gave me a hug. She was the sweetest person ever with a strong heart. I'm glad that she wasn't on the "I Hate Kay" train. "He's up waiting for you." She told me, which made me develop a lump in my throat. I swallowed it, as I entered her home.

This was my first time in forever being at her house. Everything still looks the same. She showed me to where they put Kyree. I felt my anxiety against my fingertips. "Ma who is that? I told you I don't want no visitors." I heard his voice. It sounded weak but strong to his ability.

"Oh Kyree hush." Ms. Andrews waved him off before stepping aside, revealing me. When he saw me, he looked like he seen a ghost. "I-I'm sorry Kay." He stuttered.

"I forgive you. I'm sorry too." I came over and sat down on the bed.

He looked like he healed a bit. He has a cast on his leg, bandages on his chest, and a arm cast. It was a dead silence between us. "So how you been doing?" Kyree asked, breaking the silence.

"I been okay. I stay with Kennedi now. My house hasn't been able to get fixed..."

"I'll pay for it. I promise you know I got you-" Kyree spoken up until I cut him off. "Don't- don't worry about it Kyree. You're in no position to do that." He rose up slowly and grabbed my hand. "Kaydence as long as I have breath in me, you're gonna' always be straight." He said weakly.

Kyree coughed a bit I leaned up to give him his cup of water. I felt his hands rub against my back when I leaned up.

"Kyree." I gave him that look, he just laughed. "We're not on that right now." I warned him. "So what are we then?" Kyree asked nonchalantly. "We're just on trying to get you better."

"Okay you my girl you suppose to do that." Kyree said in a serious tone. I didn't know what to say after that. I just looked at him and sighed. "Kyree I want us to be on pause right now."

"What? Ain't no pause going on with us Kaydence! I almost lost my life fucking wit' chu'! On bro'!" Kyree said, as his voice risen. I shook my head. "I had nothing to do with none of your gang shit Kyree! Don't put the blame out on me because you got shot! That shit was gonna' catch up with you whether you know it or not!" He shook his head at me, madly.