CHAPTER TWELVE: WHO WANT SMOKE?

CHICAGO, IL

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

"Kay! Get up!" I blinked my eyes and lifted my head up groggily. My vision was blurry I couldn't tell if that was Anye or Kennedi yelling in front of me.

"Hmm?" I wiped my face and eyes to get the sleep off of me. "Your phone is ringing." I blinked my eyes. It was only Kennedi. I took my phone out of her hand. It was Anye. I was hoping it was going to be Von. But it wasn't.

"Hello?" I put the phone to my ear. "Bitch we popping out or what?" Anye asked, making me look at my phone crazy. "Where?"

"Doesn't matter. I'm taking you out tonight. I don't like to see my bitch upset so we going out. Besides Muwop been getting on my nerves and they supposedly got a show. Probably a substitute to fuck some bitch or whatever. But anyway I'm picking you up tonight at 9." Anye rambled.

"But I don't have anything to wear over here."

"Ugh I'll bring you something. I guess we getting ready over there. Or Kennedi still mad?" Anye said with a snicker at the end of her question.

"She not gonna' mind if she comes too."

"Shit that's fine. And not a problem." Anye said. "I'll tell her. But wait who's all going?"

"Just me, you, and Kennedi." I rose one eyebrow. "And not Kayla? I promise you on God if I see ima' ask her do she have a problem." I wasn't playing at all. Because what the fuck this bitch issue with me.

"Ion know. She probably don't fuck with you because you..." Anye mumbled something under her breath.

"Because I what? It bet not be that petty ass hood shit." I retorted.

"It could be. Or some' else." Anye implied. "Like what?"

"Ion know Kay. It has to be something." She said, which was making me skeptical over her answer. This bitch must know something I don't.

Her first reaction and this one must tell me that something is going on that I don't know.

"Yeah okay. What time you coming?" I say, to cut the conversation short. "Probably like 6 or 7." She replied.

"Alright cool. Bye." I hung up the phone annoyedly. Before I tossed my phone on the nightstand I texted Von letting him know our plans got canceled. Besides I probably pestered his ass already to the point where he tired of me.

A girls night out might be more than enough of a distraction anyway. Instead of responding back to his text I got off the bed. I went to Kennedi's room. I knocked on the door first before bussing in. "Kennedi!" I called.

"What?! Don't be bussing in my room! What's wrong wit' chu'?" Kennedi semi yelled. I laughed a little and laid down on the end of her bed.

She was sitting up watching a movie. "Girl ain't nobody buss in here." I made a playful stank face at her. "Anyway heifer what you want?" Kennedi looked at me.

"You tryna' go out with me and Anye tonight?"

"You bitches never felt the need to invite me any other time what makes this time any different?" She asked with that same facial expression.