CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO: SHE'S COMING!

CHICAGO, IL

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

"Oh my God the doctor told me she wouldn't be here in another two weeks." I was freaking out in the car. 

"Kay chill baby you didn't know." Von tried to calm me down as we were on our way to the hospital. 

I felt contractions hitting me like a tidal wave. I was in pain. 

"Where's my phone?"

I pat myself down to feel for my phone. "Here." Von took it out of his pocket. I immediately called my mother. 

"Ma." I called her name so calmly. 

"What? What's going on?" Ma asked concerned. 

"My water broke." I breathed out. 

"WHAT?! OH MY GOD I'M ON MY WAY!" Mama yelled on the phone before hanging up quickly. 

I called Kennedi and Anye to let them know Kaylin was on her way. All of their reactions made me feel like they're gonna' beat me and Von at the hospital. 

"It looks like you're almost at 4 centimeters. I'm gonna' give it 30 minutes to an hour before we give you an epidural." The doctor said. 

"It looks like we're staying for awhile." Mama spoken. I nodded my head and let out a breath of air. Boy oh boy. 

"So let's get you changed and comfortable Ms. Young." The nurse said. Von and my nurse helped me off of my bed to go to the bathroom to change. 

At first I didn't want neither him or Kyree to be present for Kaylin's birth. But I'm grateful to have him here. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you finally Mr. Von." I heard my mama say. 

Von chuckled, "It's nice to meet you too Mrs. Young." He said. 

"Me and Von already met. And he's already approved as my brother in law." Kennedi spoken. I laughed at her comment and shook my head. 

"I know that's right!" Anye cheered at Kennedi. 

Von laughed at them. I finally stepped out of the bathroom in my gown. 

"Von can you help me get back in the bed?" I walked towards the bed. Von helped me lay down. The contractions I was feeling at first were mild. Now, it was starting to become timid. 

I rubbed my stomach. "How you feeling baby?" Mama asked. 

I wanted to look at her and say: "Like shit." 

"Not good. I'm starting to feel my contractions more." I had my hand under my stomach while my other hand was touching my forehead.