CHAPTER FIFTEEN: INTEL & BABIES

CHICAGO, IL

EARLIER WITH KAY...

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

"So wait you came in the room and Kennedi was practicing twerking? I have to see that!" Anye bust out laughing on the phone.

"Yeah." I laughed a little even though I wasn't really in a good mood. "When you coming back to work? Ms. Pat misses you." Anye asked. "I'll be back soon."

"Mhm. Got me caring for these patients and yo' ass on leave!" Anye sassed. "Bye." I laughed while waving Anye off. "You'll be okay besides I'm tryna' get my life together." I put my hand up in the camera as we were on FaceTime.

"I got something I need to tell you though..." She glanced at the camera. "What?" Anye asked, with her eyebrows furrowed. "Kyree is up."

Anye gasped on the phone. "Bitch Merch!" Her loud voice turned into a whisper. "He's up. And I'm expected to help him get his life back together." I sighed.

"What the fuck?!" Anye asked in a whisper. "Bitch you gonna' have to wait until I go to break or some' cause what the fuck." She said, in shock.

"Anye who are you talking too? It better not be mama again! I said I wasn't ready to go yet!" Anye's patient, Leslie, spoken in the background. "No Leslie it's not mama. Kay I'ma' talk to you later." Anye said, before hanging up.

There I was bored again. Just me and Magic in the house. Kennedi had to leave for work. After the whole incident with Kyree getting shot. I couldn't stand to be alone.

I looked on my phone and sighed. "No Kay stop thinking about him..." I say to myself.

I got up from the bed. Maybe I could go to a store. Kennedi did leave me her car. I grabbed the keys from off the nightstand. I decided to go to Walmart that was nearby. I took Magic with me to keep me company.

I rose down the window to make sure he had air to get out. I didn't plan on shopping long. I walked inside and grabbed me a basket. I walked around glancing at the aisles of the store. I saw a girl with a nice shape but small frame. She was brown skinned with dark brown almond eyes. The girl was pretty.

But of course she was one of those pretty girls who got trapped. She was standing in front of the baby diapers. "Shopping for two huh?" I say, jokily.

"Yeah apparently." She replied back, as she rubbed her small belly. I smiled, walking passed her. I confide in strong women, because pregnancy isn't built for the weak.

As, I walked passed I noticed the juice aisle. I saw apple juice. I gasped as I had a craving for it. I put the juice in my cart. For some reason I had another craving which was for some strawberry yogurt. I wonder why I was having these cravings. I know I ain't pregnant because I'm starting my period soon. These just random cravings.

I ended up getting what I was craving for, and some tampons to prepare myself for my period. I looked at the time it was only 3:00 PM. Kennedi didn't get out until 5:00 PM. To let time fly I decided to go to my house to get some more clothes.

Magic was so excited to be home. But he wasn't trying to get out and see home. Before I was finna' leave my neighbor's door swung open which made a creek sound. "Kaydence? Is that you?" She asked as she adjusted her glasses.