CHAPTER FIFTY: KAY'S BABY SHOWER

CHICAGO, IL

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

The time is almost near for baby Kaylin to arrive. Right now, we were preparing for my baby shower. Mama was getting us, her, Kennedi, and I pampered for it. Her and Kennedi been planning my baby shower all along little did I know. 

Even picked me out a dress. Anye and my family were setting up the decorations for it. Meanwhile, I've been stressing about the Von shit, and how it's gonna' turn out. Lord knows what my mom, Kennedi, and Anye has up their sleeve. 

"So, Kay you ready for your big day?" My nail tech, Aliyah, asked. I blinked my eyes and let out a sigh. 

"Whew girl." I say, widen my eyes a little. 

Aliyah started laughing at my reaction. Mama didn't want us going to the nail salon because we had so much more to do. Hair, makeup, all of that at once. 

"She's ready but she really ready to have Kaylin." Kennedi spoken. I rolled my eyes and waved her off. 

"I'm close to having her Kennedi." I blinked my eyes looking at my sister. 9 months couldn't come any faster. 

Kaylin has me swollen. She finally got to my face, and when I say I'm swollen, I'm swollen! Only thing she didn't affect was my feet. And I think God because my feet are precious to me. 

"I can't wait to see my grandbaby." Mama cooed. I'm glad everyone is excited I'm just ready to get this pregnancy over with. 

As, time passed Kennedi made that decision for her baby... 

She decided not to keep it. It devastated me and our Mama, but she felt that it needed to be done. So, she can move on with her life. Besides she always mentioned that she wanted to be the rich auntie in the family because she wasn't ready. 

Breezy wanted to get back together with her, and even wanted the baby this time. But Kennedi dropped his ass like a bad habit and told him to go fuck himself. 

I was proud of my sister, but I know deep down she's probably thinking about how it would've been if she kept the baby. Hell, I was excited to know I was gonna' be an auntie. But not anymore... Either way it was my sister's decision whether she wanted to keep it or not. Either decision, I still would've stuck beside my sister. Just as I'm doing now. 

I haven't heard from Von yet. Guess he still thinks I'm mad at him. Which is okay because I want him too. Deep down I still have feelings for him, and I still want him to be a part of Kaylin's life.  

As her father or not. Kyree too, but I know the immaturity of two men beefing with each other. And if a child is involved it's not going to end for us all. Especially that child. 

"My niece is gonna' be too cute." Kennedi smiled. I rolled my eyes at her. Playfully waving her off. 

"Yall seen what she's gonna' look like in a sonogram?" Aliyah looked up and asked us. 

"Yeah, I did a 3D sonogram. I think she looks like me..." And Von. 

"She was sticking her tongue out in the sonogram." I shook my head laughing. My child of mine. 

Aliyah laughed, "She already being silly."