CHAPTER NINE: LOSING IT

CHICAGO, IL

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

"Anye I'm losing my mind right now. So much shit is happening and I don't know what the fuck to do." I panicked as I paced around.

"First of all we finna' get the fuck up out of here and see what the fuck is going on. You want me to call Imani? Cause I'll let her ass have it!" I called Imani again but her phone was going straight to voicemail. I decided to call Kyree's mom as we got in the car.

She didn't pick up until the third ring. "Ms. Andrews? I don't know what's going on with Kyree but can you please tell me what's happening?"

"My son is in the hospital fighting for his life. He was shot in his leg, his back, and one bullet could've made my son lose his life if it would've pierced his heart. Kaydence I am a mother I cannot bare to lose another son." She cried on the phone.

"I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Last time I saw Kyree we got into a huge fight-"

"Y'all got into a fight? Baby last time Kyree talked to me he said that he was planning on proposing to you." That shit made it even harder for me to not cry. I'm stuck between the two. It's like when I'm with Von I'm a different person. I feel safe and loved as if it's an addiction. And sex is different too. It's not soo quick and fast it's just at the right pace.

Now when I'm Kyree, it's like I'm happy but I'm not, we been through so much, and been together for a long time. it's like why waste all them years. He makes me happy but not enough. Sex is okay but it's not like Von's.

But if I were to choose between them I would say I don't know because they're both territorial. I don't know what to do.

"I didn't know that..."

"Yes, I told him he needed to get his shit together and marry you." She sniffled on the phone. "Wow..." I muttered.

"Yeah..."

"Do you know what hospital he's at? I have to see him." I say, changing the subject. "He's at St. Bernard. I just left from seeing him.

"I'm gonna' go see him thank you for telling me. I appreciate it."

"Your welcome. I'll keep you posted if needed baby." She said. "Thank you. Goodbye." I hung up the phone and blew out some air.

"Y'all good?" Anye looked at me. I was silently staring at the road until I started breaking down crying.

"Kay its gonna' be okay." Anye rubbed my shoulder. "What if it's not Anye?" I wiped my forming tears.

"Don't say that because it will be. Ima' take you to the hospital to go see him." Anye told me. It's like I don't even know if I want to see him especially in that way.

"Just take me to my sister. I can't stay here."

"It's gone be okay." Anye told me as I cried.

~ DAYVON BENNETT | KING VON ~

"So you mean to tell me... You took the opp's bitch, tried to murder em' now you falling in love with his bitch? On na' guys bro' you tweakin'." Booka said. We was in the studio chillin' tryna' make hits but I couldn't seem to get my mind off of Kaydence.

"Yeah on bro' this nigga trippin'." Durk chuckled before going inside the booth. "Man fuck all yall. Who said I was in love?"

"You." They said in unison. "Fuck all that. I'm finna' call Kema and show yall Ion fall in love."

"Nigga you gone be dead wrong to do that. Yeen finna' make girl tweak on me." Muwop scoffed. "Speaking of Anye. She was bout' ready to beat yo' ass last night. I seen it." Louie laughed with Tee. I laughed too.

"Nah she need to hurry back with my car. Fuck." Muwop said.

The door swung open, in walked my sister making everybody look. "What yall doing? Hey Twin." Kayla nosey ass came through, knowing damn well the only reason she came because she tryna' fuck with Durk.

I just looked at her with a side eye. She gave me that look back and laugh. "None tryna' tell yo' brother that he tweakin'." Booka spoken.

"What you mean?" Kayla asked with no hesitation. "He done got himself into some shit." He spoken.

I smacked my lips, "God damn you gossip faster than a bitch." Muwop, Tee, and Louie bust out laughing. I got on my phone tuning they conversation out.

"Speaking of getting into some shit what's up wit'chu' tryna' jump bitches." Muwop brought up. "Ain't nobody jump her and besides it was just me and Anye. She tried to bring her little friend but that bitch is scary. I don't fuck with scary bitches." Kayla said, which made me look up from my phone a bit.

"Who? You talking about Kay?" Muwop asked. "Yeah her. I ain't really like her like that from when I first met her. It was just something about her that-" Kayla explain until she saw everybody except me looking away.

"Wait Why y'all doing that?" Kayla looked at them. Booka looked dead at me. "Y'all asses must know some' cause why y'all doing that?" Kayla said, annoyedly. All of us stayed quiet.

"Uh uh tell me one of y'all dirty asses had fucked her." Booka, Louie, and Tee looked at me while the others looked away. "Uh uh don't put that hoe on my twin." She said waving her finger.

Normally, I would lie but I ain't finna' lie about Kaydence. "Besides Booka she seem like more of yo' type if anything." She said, making me laugh. "What? How the fuck you know what's my type?" He replied.

"Because bitch you always fuck with weird ass bitches." She said, as they began to argue. As they argued I went to see if I had a text from Kay.

She ain't text me all day. I ain't the one to text first but shit she been on my mind since she left. I wonder if she know about me attempting to kill her nigga. "Anyway... y'all heard about Kyree getting popped last night?" Kayla asked.

"Serve his ass right bitch ass." I muttered. "He ain't dead though." She said rolling her eyes. "What a shame." Muwop sighed, shaking his head.

I clenched my jaw and got up from my chair to go outside. I dialed Kay's number. Her phone was ringing but before it could get to the last beep I ended it. Fuck she might know.

How the fuck could I be so fucking stupid? Now I'm sitting here falling for her ass and she might be with his ass after. Nah I'm not even gonna' give her the opportunity too.

And if I catch her with him, I just might kill him. And if I can't have her nobody can.

"Aye Von you gotta' come lay down this verse." Tee said.

Feedback?

yeah it's short ik but how y'all feel about Kay & Kyree's mom's conversation? And is it really on sight between Kay and his sister? 👀