CHAPTER THREE: VISITORS

CHICAGO, IL

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

"Kay! Wake up! Ooh Girl I knew I shouldn't have gave you an edible." Anye shook my slumped body. I blinked my eyes a few times trying to gain my consciousness. I looked around we were in the car.

"What? Where we at? We still going to the party?" I asked. "Nah girl we at yo' house. The party been ended." I blinked my eyes even harder to realize what the fuck she was saying. "You flodging."

"Nah bitch I'm serious." Anye pointed towards the window. "Damn Anye what type of edible you gave her? This bitch acting like she got amnesia." Kayla snickered at me. I rolled my eyes so hard you could notice it.

I opened the door to get out. Anye stuck her head out of the window. "See you tomorrow Kay!" They sped off. I'm just mind blown that I was a dream. Or was it? If it was it was a good dream... It all felt so real being Von's arms and the way he touched me... Kyrie couldn't ever make me feel that way. And the way he talks... It's so smooth.

All this and I was literally only acquainted with him at the store. Something tells me I could be seeing him very soon...

"Anye, I think it was something in that edible." I woke up from my bed gaining my full sober conscious. "Bitch is that why you called out today?" Anye cursed lightly on the phone. "Yeah... I'm not use to that. I feel dizzy as a bitch right now." I had my arm covering my face while Anye was on FaceTime.

"Merch." She said. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand to show her my face. She bust out laughing but it had to cease. She was outside of the nursing home we worked at. "It's not funny Anye. Where did you get them from?!"

"Girrrl... Muwop." I wanted to choke her ass out! But I couldn't because she was on the phone. "Anye... Please tell me you flodging cause I'd hate to cuss yo' ass out while you at work."

"Kayla got them from him. The shit was free. They family." I facepalmed myself after Anye uttered that sentence. "And Kay don't do that. On my soul I wouldn't ever give you no shit if I ain't trust it. And on top of that you took it not too long before we left the party."

"Look next time I'm sober!" I pointed at Anyé on the phone. "Mhm." She rolled her eyes playfully. "Anyways Kayla wanna' know when you tryna' link up again..."

"I don't know... I ain't think she'd fuck with me." I say, shrugging my shoulders. "Nah she just didn't know you that's why she acted weird. She'on know that yo' man is practically the opps so."

"EX man." I corrected her. "Girl bye. You know he yours." I rolled my eyes and waved her off. A part of me started thinking about this infatuation I have with Von. "So... When the next party?"

"I ain't hear Muwop say anything about another party but I'll ask- But wait why? Why you ask?" Anye asked curiously.

"Oh I had fun that's why." I lied. "Mmm. Well I guess ima' keep you-" The sound of gun shots and Magic's barks interrupted Anye's voice. I jumped and ended up falling off of my bed to duck. "Bitch I know they ain't shooting!" Anye said.

"I don't know what the fuck they doing! It sounds like it's over!" I slowly creped up from the floor. "I'm glad you okay but I hope nobody hurt for real..." She said. "Yeah." I say as I looked around. "Anye Ima' call you back." I hung up before she could say anything. My first instinct was to call Kyrie. But I wasn't going too. He left me.

"Magic!" I called. He came inside my room. I bent down to grab his face to examine him. He tried to lick and bite my hand. I shook my head with a small laugh. "Yeah you okay."