Twelve

"And if you ask me to, Daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird, Imma give you the world. Imma buy a diamond ring for you, Imma sing for you. I'll do anything for you to see you smile." Bambi was humming under her breath as she helped Fez give his grandmother a sponge bath, singing a bit louder than she intended. "And if the Mockingbird don't sing, and that ring don't shine, Imma break that birdies neck."

"I'd go back to the jeweler who sold it to ya, and make him eat every karat, don't fuck with Dad." Bambi smiled a little and shook her head, gently wiping around Marie's ears.

"These chicks don't even know the name of my band." She was in an Eminem and D12 mood and it probably wouldn't be long before she pulled out her phone to put on the playlist.

"But they're all on me like they wanna hold hands."

"'Cause once I blow, they know that I'll be the man."

"All because I'm the lead singer of my band." Bambi's phone buzzed, Fez grabbing it since she was busy cleaning up Marie's face. (She's so careful with it ugh 😣)

"So I get off stage, right? Drop the mic. Walk up to these hot chicks and I'm all like, 'sup ladies, my name's Slim Shady. I'm the lead singer of D12 baby.'"

"Ain't no way you wanted me to do the next part like that. That's crazy." Fez laughed when she squinted her eyes at him. "Keep doin that and Imma think you need glasses."

"I have glasses, I just don't wear them. Waiting on more contacts." She said, Fez bringing her head up.

"Bam, you got contacts in?"

"No?" He nodded, pulling out his phone. "What're you doing?"

"Tellin Marq to bring yo glasses so you can see." He didn't have time to tell her that Rue texted her, seeing as she popped up.

"You didn't respond to my messgae. I thought he was killing you." Rue gasped, holding up a finger as she tried to catch her breath.

It's Pope Rue.

I was piecing some shit together, right? Nate's been subtly fucking with Bambi, which is why she's more irritable now. I made a collage to show them...on a piece of paper but who cares?

It started when she came back, obviously, but I bet no one knows he reached out to Ty.

Oh shit, then Bambi doesn't know.

Fuck.

"She ain't know." Fez mumbled, sitting back down and picking up his sponge again after putting his phone away. "Marq's on his way."

"Yes!" Rue shouted, startling the two of them as she paced and mumbled to herself. "Yes, fucking yes! We need Marq here! How long?"

"Hey, crackhead." Marq said literally a few seconds later, tossing Bambi her glasses case and patting Rue's back. "Why are you sweating?"

"Doesn't matter." Rue said, pushing him further into the room so she could see all three- four if you count Marie -of them. Fez and Bambi shrugged when he looked at them, Bambi standing from her chair so he could sit.

"Uh uh, go sit on yo boyfriend." Marq said, scrunching his nose when she sat on his lap. Bambi shushed him, done with Marie's upper body as she brushed her hair out of her face.

"Okay, so, you know how in every nineties thriller, right, Morgan Freeman plays the same, like, semi-psychic black cop?" Rue started, subconsciously speaking with her hands.

"Yeah."

"Mhm." The three of them were confused, Marq typing out a message to Ty to tell him that Rue was going on about Morgan Freeman.