𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Fez was booked and charged, being sent to prison. Bambi and John- sorry, Bambi and Ash were in comas.

And Marie passed away before knowing the actual outcome of that night.

"If I lose her, I lose myself. And this time, I'm not going to be able to pick up the pieces."

Marq pulled hella strings.

He faked John's death.

He got Bambi moved to their hospital (the one in France).

And he got Fez a good lawyer. He'd only spend five years in prison, maybe two or three for good behavior.

"We're not losing her." Marq said, pressing a kiss to Ty's head before going to stand next to Bambi. They'd waited til graduation, moving Ash and Royce to France.

With permission, Maddy joined them. She'd be doing the majority of her college work online either way, and she wanted to be by her best friend's side.

"This is all my fault." Ash mumbled, wanting nothing more than to go back to the days when he and Bambi used to lay in his room and watch movies. To go back to Bambi laughing and teaching him how to make different desserts. "If I ain't kill Mouse, she wouldn't be here like this."

"Oh, she wanted to kill him herself." Marq mumbled, placing a hand on his head. He made room on the bed, lifting the cover and patting the spot. "You can lay with her."

"Every time we're layin like this you always make me feel like a baby." Ash mumbled when Bambi pinched his cheek, the teen giggling and kissing his head.

"You're my baby."

"Come on, Ty. You need to eat." Ty kissed Bambi's head, pulling the cover over Ash when he climbed into the bed before leaving with Marq.

"Please wake up." Ash's voice cracked as his eyes welled with tears, placing his head on her chest and holding her hand tightly.

"This is for us." Bambi was teaching Ash how to make a cobbler, placing a bowl of the peaches in the middle of the two of them. "So we can get a sneak peek."

"Or because you can't wait."

"That too." He laughed and she smiled, wiping some flour off of his cheek before the two lf them started eating.

"-and they lived happily ever after. The end." Bambi had convinced Ash to let her read him a bedtime story, the boy half asleep when she finished. "Want me to read another one?"

"Mhm..."

"I'm Slim Shady, yes I'm the real Shady. All you other Slim Shady's are just imitating. So won't the real Slim Shady please stand up. Please stand up, please stand up." Ash mumbled alomg to the song as they sat in the store, Bambi dancing around as he recorded her.

"Boy, Marshall is so fine." Bambi sighed as she sat on the counter, Ash scrunching his face while putting a caption on the video. "You just don't know."

"Really don't."

"I look fucking stupid." Ash grumbled, Bambi groaning as she waited for him to show her the costume she got him. She told him that she was taking him trick or treating before the party. "I'm not goin."

"Ash, I will drag you by yo pinky toe. Come oooonnn, it'll be fun." He groaned loudly as he walked out, a pout on his face as she squealed and clapped. "You're such a cute little Slytherin! Come on, I know the best places to hit."

"'M only doin this for free candy." He grumbled, though a little smile showed at the thought of trick or treating with her.

"That's why I do it."

"Hey, man." Fez hugged Ash as soon as the guard left, rubbing his back as he cried. Ash had never thought he would be emotional, until his family was torn apart. Marie passed, Fez is locked up, and Bambi is fighting for her life. "Doin any better, kid?"

"No. She's not waking up." Ash cried, Fez nodding and sitting him down.

"Imma be out soon, it's gon' be okay." Marq talked to him the other day. Since they actually believed that John was Ash, and that he was now dead, they were putting him on probation since they couldn't charge him with anything besides the guns.

(Guys, Bambi's in the Mafia. She told them to go into another room if they had to talk about anything, they're not getting him with conspiracy)

"Fuckin hate cryin." Ash grumbled as he rubbed at his face, sniffling while Fez rubbed his back. "I'm gonna fight her for takin her time."

"She gon' beat yo ass."

"I find it so crazy that you can't believe I actually wanna get to know you." Bambi said as she leaned against the counter, Fez raising his brows as he looked up at her. "What if I told you I'm not into drugs and I still wanna know you?"

"I wouldn't believe you." He shrugged, Bambi humming as she smiled.

"True. Some drugs have some interesting side effects, so I'm somewhat into them." He quirked a smile, shaking his head as he looked down at the counter. "I'm serious, Fez. If I wasn't interested, I wouldn't have text you."

"All right, all right." He caved, Bambi grinning as she pushed herself to stand. "I won't be mean next time."

"Right. You really hurt my feelings." She faked a pout, Fez snickering. "I cried myself to sleep."

"My bad, ma. Ian mean to make the pretty lady cry." He played along, Bambi grabbing something random when someone walked into the store.

"Ew, it's you." Bambi jokingly said when she saw Chris, the two of them hugging. "Now I gotta shower, stinky."

"I honestly don't like kids." Chris mugged her, pushing her head away before waving at Fez.

"And you, mister chasier." Bambi lightly tapped his nose with her nail, a cheeky grin on her face as she placed money down for the cookies she grabbed. "Respond to my messages nicely."

"Wouldn't want you to cry again."

"Aht! My ancestors ain't say stop." Bambi said, shaking more of the cajun seasoning into the pot when Fez stopped. He stared at her before looking back at the pot.

"Toilet gon' be gooooone." He mumbled, putting the seasonings away. Bambi rolled her eyes, grabbing the sleeve of his sweater to pull him next to her.

"You know how to properly cut vegetables, right?" Fez nodded, taking over the vegetable chopping as she moved to the other side of the island to start making the cookie dough. There were songs playing in the background, Bambi singing along as she moved around the kitchen.

Somehow, this was the most relaxing thing they've done together. They've watched movies, met up at the store, he even helped her garden (in exchange for some fruit) and nothing compared to the tranquility of cooking together.

"Don't cut yourself." He hadn't even noticed her come up behind him, her hand wrapped around his wrist to adjust his hold on the knife when he almost cut one of his fingers. "Nobody wants actual finger food."

"Mhm."

"How the fuck did this happen?" Fez sighed as he sat in his cell, his head in his hands. How was he supposed to be hopeful if Bambi wasn't making any progress? "Fuck, man."

Life was cruel sometimes. Always taking away the people we love the most when we need them there.