07. Plush

Sam was in his room in the bunker kneeling in front of his bed with his back to his open door.

Sam started praying. "So, uh... on the off chance that you're actually listening, uh... Uh, I gotta be real honest. The visions aren't making a whole lot of sense to me. Truth is... I don't know what's what. Please. What are you trying to say?"

"Really? I mean, really?" Dean asked.

"You two ever hear of privacy?"

"Hey, you want privacy, close your door."

Sylvie frowned. "It isn't nice to eavesdrop and you should be nicer to your brother."

Sam got up and walked out of his room, his brother and girlfriend following.

"Thought we talked about this," Dean said.

"Yeah, we did, Dean, Sylvie. But why is it so hard to believe that God could be sending me visions about the Darkness?"

"You kidding me? He didn't feel the need to show up for the apocalypse. Why would he give a crap now?"

"I don't know. Maybe because she's his sister. Maybe because she's his sister? What do you two wanna do? Sit back? Ignore him?"

Sylvie shook her head. "No, that's not what he's saying. We can't count on God. Okay? Count on us."

Sam looked in slight disbelief.

They walked to the command center where the table was full of ancient books and scrolls.

"Right," Sam said. "Oh, this is everything Cas dug up in Gaza, every last bit of pre-biblical lore."

"Hmm," Dean hummed.

"Half of it I couldn't read. It's in Aramaic. And the other half...nada. Not a single mention of the Darkness, so..."

Dean's phone started ringing. "Well, I'll be damned."

"Huh?" Sam and Sylvie questioned.

"Donna, what's shakin'?"

"'Fat sucker' Donna?" Sam whispered.

"Quit calling her that," Alana said as Brianna led her in, the little girl hopping every couple steps. "Be careful, Bri."

"What do you mean "killer bunny"?" Dean asked.

"Mama, I go?" Brianna asked.

Alana considered it and nodded. "Sure. Love, is it all right with you?"

Dean nodded. "Sure. Come on, sweetie." He picked Brianna up and set her on his shoulders, causing her to let out an excited squeal.

Sylvie kissed Sam's cheek. "I'll see you soon. Don't worry, Alana, Dean, I'll make sure the rascals behave themselves."

---

They drove to Minnesota and walked into the sheriff's station, towards Donna.

"Sheriff. Hey," Sam greeted.

"Oh!" Donna exclaimed. "You three are a sight for sore eyes!" She noticed Brianna. "She's gotten so big!"

"I talk now," Brianna said.

Donna smiled. "And you're so good at it."

"Mama, Dada, I good!"

"You're great at it, Bri," Dean said. "Mmm! What, are you working all 10,000 lakes now?This isn't usually your beat."

"She's adorable! Just Larsen County, what with the cutbacks and all. For the most part, it's been tater tots and lemon drops, except for this doozy. I mean, when you get a call about a killer Easter bunny, you don't know what to think."