46. All Along the Watchtower

Castiel was standing beside a tree on the short of a lake, mountains in the distance, and a blue sky above. He turned and faced a small cottage by the lake, then walked towards it.

Inside, Kelly Kline sat on the floor, a half-finished mural painted on the wall beside her, looking upward. "God, please. I need help."

Sven, on the phone, said, "I'm trying to help you, ma'am."

"Are you, Sven? Because if you ask me if I have the quarter-inch Allen wrench one – one more time, I am going to come down there and burn your giant Viking junkyard of a store to the ground! Do you understand?!"

"Are you sure it wasn't in the box?"

"God!" She tossed the phone away in exasperation.

"Kelly. I told you I'd put this together. I'm very good at following instructions. And you need to rest," Castiel told her.

"No, I don't."

"Kelly–" Castiel helped Kelly to her feet.

"No, Cas, I don't. I can't. I don't know how long until... I don't know how long I have left. And I... I'm never gonna be able to teach him how to ride a bike or watch him get married or even look him in the eyes. But I can build him a stupid Swedish crib! I can do that."

"Kelly, I know how hard this is." Kelly gave Castiel an incredulous look. "That's a lie. I have no idea how hard this is for you. But I promise you... I will do everything. I will give my life for your son. And I will raise him. And I will make him someone you will be proud of."

"I know."

BUNKER - LIBRARY

"'Kay, let me just get this straight. So... we beat the Brits, we kicked their psycho, tea-swilling asses, and instead of popping champagne and headin' to Vegas, we get Lucifer," Dean said.

"And you're sure it's him?" Mary asked.

"Yeah. That's his old vessel, too," Sam replied.

"How is that possible?"

"Crowley, I guess," Alana guessed.

"And now he's dead."

"Well, that's what Hess said. But Crowley's a freakin' cockroach. He always manages to find a way out," Dean said.

WOODS - AND A RAT

Dean voiced over, "I'll believe he's gone when I see the body and burn it."

Lucifer attacked Crowley with an angel blade in 12.22, and Crowley's red smoke left his vessel and entered the rat before Lucifer "killed" Crowley. "This is gonna hurt."

In the woods, the red smoke left the rat and entered Crowley's body in his grave. Crowley's hand burst up from the ground, followed by the rest of Crowley.

BUNKER LIBRARY

"We don't need Crowley. We need Rowena," Sam said. "I mean, she's the one who can slam Lucifer back into the Cage."

"Great. So where is she?" Mary asked.

Sam called Rowena, and her phone rang with Scotland Forever playing. Inside, was a bloodied and tossed hotel room, a charred body on the floor. A man twirled a lock of Rowena's hair and picked up her phone. "Oh, hey, Sammy."

BUNKER

Sam realized he was talking to Lucifer.

"What?" Dean and Alana questioned.

Sam put the phone on speaker so Dean, Alana, Sylvie and Mary could hear.

"Oh, if you're looking for Rowena, she is presently indisposed. Which is a delicate way of saying, I stomped on her face till the white meat showed, and then set her on fire, just in case. Ah. Gingers. It was messy and... screamy, but it had to be done, Sam." Lucifer picked up Rowena's voodoo doll that Dean had played with in 12.11. "I'm about to be a dad. Can't raise the little nipper from a jail cell now, can I? Speaking of... you know where your little pal Castiel is?"