36- "The figure in Shadows"

His cautious gaze, sly steps, shrewd intentions, and devious tactics slid his shadow through the darkness as easily as a knife through a stick of butter. Soft pads of his feet that silenced every hiss walked him across the bedroom without any noise, and he sneaked out like a criminal through the tunnel under the cell's floor.

Hugging the silk robe more to himself, the figure tiptoed through the silent cold corridor.

Silent as a graveyard.

Doors to the balcony were pushed apart as he stepped out and peered down from the sky-kissing tower. Just like some Rapunzel caged in a stony neck of the prison looked down to the garden in hopes of one day being down there.

His warm breath condensed into chilly layers of breeze striking him like waves of a sea. The clock was near to sing the third hour of late midnight. Shuddering to the cold, the male curled his toes over the freezing floor and hurriedly pulled out a handphone from the pockets of his sleeping robe.

The screen lit up as soon as he double-tapped it and illuminated the face of the shadow. Maroon locks that rested above his beautiful intense eyes swayed to the breeze. Not wasting any more time, he dragged his warm fingertips across the smooth glass screen making the hues of reflected colors change on his face.

An outgoing call could be heard to which the figure rocked his body back and forth on his soft padded heels that were turning redder from the cold kissing his soles.

"Speak" the call was accepted by a deep voice on the other end.

"Master, I apologize for disturbing you at this hour-..."

"Come to the point"

"I have news for you"

"If it's about Hawks launching another airstrike, I don't care..."

"She is leaving tomorrow. Alone"
Rustling and creaking of the bed could be heard on the other side as if someone swiftly got off of it.

"Leaving? For what? Where? When?" There was so much impatience in his voice.

"I have no information on what she plans except the location, it's Arabia, Nefud Desert, we are leaving before Sunrise, she is taking me along"

"Do not let her slide away from your sight for even a minute, Understood?"

"Yes Master, Understood"

"And keep your tracker activated at all costs, you have to keep me updated on her"

"Roger that Master"

"As soon as you leave, send me the tracker ID"

The call was dropped from the other side leaving Sapphire to give off a heavy sigh. He turned around and walked back into the same darkness he had emitted from. The pair of intense eyes stared up at the ceiling as the figure fell on its back on the bed. His wavy raven hair sprawled over the silk sheets while his eyes remained glued to the dark ceiling where hung a chandelier with lights out.

Did it ever shine or was it dark forever like me?

A sigh left his boxy lips while he rolled his eyes close letting the view be stolen from his sight. Stolen? Maybe much more was being stolen from him that he didn't know of.

Like the words that were meant for him only.

Behind the walls and a few floors down, the control room had its lights still on with a male seated on the revolving chair. Headsets secured around his head while His fingers fidgeted with the knobs and wires of the device forth.

Nefud? Why is she planning to go there?

He had his brows knitted deep in thought as to what could be the reason behind Venom's interest in Nefud.

Is it someone she wants to see or something she wants?

"Lucas?" The soft voice broke his chains of thoughts as the guy looked back to find the one and only. His love of life, Kim Seokjin.

"What are you doing here at this hour of the night?"

"Nothing much Honey" He got up and walked towards the handsome man who peered at him with the curious gaze of his.

"I wasn't sleepy so I came down here, Why are you up?"

"Well, you do know I can't sleep without you"

"Or is it like you can't sleep being needy hm" Lucas teased Seokjin as he approached the guy to which a small smile crawled to the handsome man's face.

"Come on let me ease you" The said left Seokjin to chuckle softly while Lucas walked them both out of the place.

The darkness of the night continued waiting for tomorrow's sun to light up a new world.

A world like a board with pawns set to their squares.

For the fate to sit down and play a chess game of life.

-----------------------------------------------------------
[A/N: This was originally scheduled to be posted two days back as my birthday treat but I couldn't because of my packed days so here you go. ]

ℑ𝔶𝔞𝔫𝔨𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔳𝔬𝔱𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔞𝔡𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔰.
ℑ𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔢
𝔖𝔞𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔥𝔞𝔢, 𝔅𝔬𝔯𝔞𝔥𝔞𝔢
𝔜𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯
𝕍𝕍

𝔇𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔡: 22/12/2022
-------------------------------------------------------------