37-"Arabian Sands"

From the time, I woke up, I feel like I'm in a desert

Like this one

With no direction

Every dune looks the same

Same and nameless

I keep sighing with every breath, every breath, and every step

But the journey never ends

I feel so tired, I want to stop and sit down for a while

And when I do and wake up from a nap

My biggest fears come to life

The dunes marked as my direction have flown away

And I'm back to square one

Lost and lost and lost

In a Haze

A never-ending Haze...

There is no end

And if there was, it would be scary

What if there is nothing on the end...

Arabian essence was what she emitted. A perfect disguise done to blend in the surroundings. The hazel eyes peered forth at the sea of sands while her face was concealed with white layers of veil hindering the heat to bruise the delicate skin underneath. The deserts of Arabia had their own mysteries concealing many dark truths and beautiful lies from the ancient times. Just like how the waters of Antarctica hid frozen dead bodies or the forest of Africa with ruins and bones. Every place had its own skeletons of secrets hanging celebrating a Halloween.

Hands gripping the steering wheel, she drove the jeep over the sand dunes causing the vehicle to growl and jump to the force yet the girl didn't pull her foot away from the race.

"M-master~ slow down a little, we'd trip like this..." Spoke the other veiled figure beside her with his maroon locks peeking out from the veil wrapped around his head and draped over his face while Sapphire held onto his seat feeling like falling any minute now.

The said pulled Venom out of her thoughts and she let the tight steering loose making it spin around and let the vehicle whirl over the sands before it climbed down the dune. This left Sapphire to shriek in fear seeing the vehicle nearly tripping.

"If I sniff fear off of you again, I will drop you here in the middle of nowhere... and you know of the desert men, they are quite fond of pretty things" She spoke in a low rasp while her eyes traveled through the vast sheets of sand stretched across the horizon. It was a haze that settled down onto the land.

"I'm sorry Master"

"What did I tell you about apologizing?" She darted her intense gaze towards him and though he couldn't see her full face, he still knew there was a cheek poke underneath the veil hiding her annoyance.

"I-I remember, I will be careful now" Sapphire pulled his veil in place to protect himself from the scorching heat burning his face.

"I have a question"

"Yes?"

"Why are we headed to Nefud?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

Sapphire peered at her in utter confusion while the veiled figure took a sharp turn down the hill of sand.

"I told you that if you fail to prove yourself worthy of my brother, I will find you another masquerade to entertain."