Assistant (Irene)

Irene Bae was a perfect example of a 'damsel in distress.'

She was born into a rich family but her fate was already tied with someone else when she was just 12.

So, when she became 28, her father arranged her marriage to a man named, Jinyoung. The young CEO and heir of the Park family. He was on the list of youngest billionaires and youngest CEOs put out by Forbes magazine.

It was every girl's dream to marry a Greek god of a man. Handsome and manner, everything a girl could ever dream of, and Irene was getting it.

However, she was not one to take privileges. She was upset, distressed, and frustrated at the thought of not having her own choices since she was young. Every path, every step of her life was already decided, and she had to follow it, no matter what.

Being the eldest daughter of the Bae family, it was her supreme duty to be a role model for her siblings.

But, it was not Irene wanted in her life, ever.

Her marriage was a full television broadcast for everyone in her country to see. She was a mere showpiece for her family and now, Jinyoung's too.

Irene was purely devastated inside, yet she put on her best smile and waved away her every problem like it was nothing.

Inside, she knew, it was just the starting of a new hell.

Months passed and Irene started to get comfortable in her new routine with her husband. They would wake up early, have breakfast on a long dining table while sitting opposite from each other, and then Irene would help him wear his coat and they both wouldn't dare to speak a word.

However, today was a different day.

Jinyoung turned around as Irene adjusted his tie and he said, "I want you to come with me to the office."

Irene halted and tilted her head to look at Jinyoung's face. Her eyes studied his expressions and she questioned simply, "Why?"

Jinyoung stepped away and answered, "I want my employees to meet their CEO's wife and well, I have a new business trip coming up, so if there's an emergency, you should be familiar with the office and staff."

Irene intertwined her hands in front of her and sighed internally. She knew, this time too, that the answer was decided already, so she nodded and replied, "I'd love to."

"Good. My driver would come and pick you up by eleven. I'll see you in my office."

With that said, Jinyoung left with his brand-new Louis Vuitton shoes clicking against the marble floor. Irene watched his figure disappearing outside the door and she let out a breath of relief.

It had been weeks since she left the mansion. She wanted to explore and this was an opportunity.

By 10:30, Irene rushed into her room.

She wore a tailored black pantsuit that fitted her like a glove.

The jacket was cut to nip in at the waist, emphasizing her curves, while the trousers were straight-legged and fall to the floor with just a hint of a flare. The suit was made of high-quality wool that drapes perfectly, and the fabric had a subtle sheen that adds a touch of luxury.

Beneath the jacket, she wore a crisp white button-up shirt that was neatly tucked into her trousers. The shirt had a pointed collar and is pressed to perfection, giving her a crisp, polished look.

She accessorized with a sleek black leather tote bag that was large enough to carry her work essentials, but not so big as to look bulky. The bag had a simple design with minimal hardware, adding to the overall elegance of the look. She also wore classic black pumps with modest heels that provide comfort and stability.