Dance Practice (Taeyeon)

It was just a little after 5 in the evening. Y/N was standing in an elevator while scrolling down her phone, whistling. She just had picked up some spicy noodles for her precious girlfriend who was certainly busy with her dance practice.

After Taeyeon got selected for the SM's new girl group unit, GOT the beat, she had been very busy. Working for the group and also preparing for her own solo work, she was just lucky enough to get a good night's sleep.

Y/N felt very proud of her girlfriend but also worried for her that she might not take care of herself well, whilst everything.

So, Y/N decided to give Taeyeon a surprise at her 'Step Back' dance practice. She knew how much Taeyeon would love it when she would see her.

The elevator door opened with a ding sound and Y/N stepped out into the hallways of SM Entertainment. She asked a few people here and there to get to the correct room.

"Where... Ah! There it is."

Y/N turned around the corner as her ears were filled with the muffled music coming from behind the doors of the practice room. She suddenly felt her heart pounding against her ribs and took in a deep breath.

Squaring her shoulders, she held onto the doorknob and pushed the door open slightly ajar to see if she was interrupting or not. As the lights hit her face, there was a familiar gasp and shout of her name.

"Oh, Y/N Unnie!" Karina shouted from the far-away corner of the room as Y/N smiled at her and entered the room, closing the door behind.

The girls stood up and rushed towards her to engulf her in a hug. Y/N returned each one a hug before looking around to see that Taeyeon was nowhere to be found.

"Taeyeon went to the washroom. She'll be here soon, "Hyoyeon replied with a smile and Y/N nodded her head.

"How's your practice going? Is it too tiring?" Y/N asked as she exchanged glances with everyone.

BoA stood forward and said, "It is. But, we are professionals. Agreed girls?"

The girls replied with a chorus of yes and Y/N chuckled lightly.

"What's in there?" Seulgi asked, pointing at the bag in Y/N's hand.

"Oh, this? This is something for you all to eat, " Y/N replied as she lifted the bags and all the girls started cheering with a bright smile on their faces.

"Thank you, Y/N!" they all said and Y/N sheepishly ducked her head down.

She kept the bag away for the moment as she looked around to see the girls practicing and discussing the dance. Y/N stood there and smiled as she saw an excited Wendy walking towards her.

"Hey, I have an idea, "she said and Y/N nodded for her to continue.

Winter popped from behind Wendy and said, "I'm in!"

"You didn't even listen... Anyways, "Wendy started, "How about we surprise Taeyeon Unnie? You could hide or..."

"Pose as the camerawoman?" Winter suggested and Wendy turned around, high-fiving her.

"That's it! You could pose as the camerawoman and let's see until how many minutes she doesn't recognize you, "Wendy said and Y/N was surely very much intrigued about Taeyeon's reaction.

"Let's do this, "Y/N replied with a mischievous smile on her face.

After explaining everyone everything and then setting Y/N as the camerawoman, all of them got into their acting phase, where everyone behaved like nothing was odd. A few moments later, Taeyeon finally walked into the room.