Detective's Client (Jennie)

She was her client in a murder case. Nothing more and nothing less than that.

But why could she feel all those weird sensations in her body whenever she was around? Why could she swear she lost her breath for a moment whenever she saw her?

"Y/N? Are you here with me?"

Y/N snapped out of her trance as she turned her head to glance at her goddess of a client, furrowing her eyebrows at her.

Currently, they were snooping around in a library's secret section to get ahold of the books related to some Gaulish art and history. Around the corner, they found multiple rows on the history of different civilizations that passed and ruled over the years.

In the third row, they found their civilization and started searching for it. However, the place was cramped up, so they both had to squeeze in to look around. But, Y/N's heart was in a position of bursting out already.

She knew she was a detective, she also knew how important this case was for her and her client. Yet, she couldn't stop herself from feeling hot and bothered around her client.

This was getting way out of hand.

"Detective Y/N? Are you okay?"

"Yes, Jennie. I'm fine. Did you find something?" Y/N replied, not wanting to waste more of their time thinking about anything else rather than the work.

"I'm afraid, I didn't. I was worried about you. You don't look so good, Y/N, "Jennie's soft voice was so near her ears that she thought she might not control herself and blurt out something.

"You don't have to worry about me. We don't have time to waste, search it up, "Y/N ordered, even though she was not in a very good stage herself.

Jennie sighed heavily and turned around as her back touched against Y/N's, emitting the heat that sent shivers down Y/N's spine. Tightly gripping the dossier in her hand, Y/N gulped heavily and turned the pages to find something relevant.

After a few minutes, Y/N was starting to get into her element and stop thinking about Jennie. She was engrossed in the ancient people of the Gaulish civilization. Whatever she found was interesting or worth the search, she took a photo of it.

"Y/N! Look at this!" Jennie's voice startled her, so she immediately kept her file on the shelf and turned around to see Jennie pointing at the file in her hand.

"What's in that?" Y/N asked, taking the file and opening it up as Jennie sidled closer to her.

It was initially formed as a spiritualist group using iconography from the Mahrenaen tribe, and the members worshiped a three-headed goddess called Mahra. The members believed the goddess bestows wealth and power upon them. The goddess has three masks, each of which has its personality; which one she displays depends on what is sacrificed before her. Her favorites were said to be jewelry, fine weaponry, and vital organs.

"The Maiden, The Mother, and The Crone, "Jennie said as she explained the three heads and what they described.

"So, this is a cult thing, huh?" Y/N asked as she took the photos of the needed pages while Jennie hummed in reply.

"It looks like it. So, do you think the murder was for the sacrifice to the goddess?" Jennie asked as Y/N kept the file in its position again.

"Maybe. At this point, I'm not even sure what to think of all this, "Y/N answered and looked up at Jennie.

And her heart started acting up again as she realized how close Jennie was to her. Y/N immediately looked away as she cleared her throat.

"I-I think we should head back to the office. We have to discuss the new lead."