Forever (Taeyeon)

A cold breeze brushed my already numb skin as I put my hand in my blazer's inner pocket and took out the pack of cigarettes. I didn't use to smoke the week before. I used to hate its smell but now it calmed me.

It numbed all the pain that I was feeling in my heart.

I looked down the railing and saw the vehicles stuck in the heavy traffic at night. They were trying to honk their way out of it but it was useless. They all were trying to do the same thing at the same time. And from above, it felt suffocating to look at.

However, to me, this was how I was feeling inside.

I felt my phone buzzing in my pants pocket. I took it out and answered the call without looking.

"Y/N! Where are you? I tried to call you multiple times, "the voice echoed from the other side.

I tapped my cigarette to let go of the ashes as I replied, "Why are you looking for me, Key?"

"I need to talk to you, Y/N. This is about Taeyeon."

My heart sank deeper as I heard her name.

"What about her?" I asked, couldn't escape my curiosity.

"Where are you? I'll tell you in person, "Key said. He was always the stubborn one.

Like brother, like sister - cut from the same cloth, I thought as I shook my head. Sighing, I looked up at the sky with clouds. It looked like it was about to snow tonight.

"I'm at the rooftop, "I answered.

The phone call ended as I pocketed my phone and put the cigarette again in my mouth, inhaling deeply as the smoke reached my lungs. I exhaled it through my mouth, forming a smog in front of me. I stared at the traffic below, letting myself lean against the railing.

A sudden opening sound of the door indicated that Key was there. I knew it because no one knew the password besides me, Key, and... Taeyeon.

I turned around to see Key rushing up to me. He had this worried yet angry look on his face that I always found amusing. How could one make such a face?

"Since when did you start smoking?!" Key angrily said as he took the cigarette from my hand and threw it away.

I glanced at him before chuckling out loud. It was funny, funnier even. He cared about me, even though his sister just abandoned me like nothing a week ago. His sister whom I love more than I could say.

Whom I still love. So much that I felt like dying without her by my side.

"Since your sister left me without giving a reason, "I said, my voice lacking stability.

Key held me by my shoulder as he exhaled heavily. He gave me a once over before pulling me in for a hug that I needed for a long time. I haven't cried since that day, but now I felt like falling apart in his arms.

I held him tightly as I wailed against him. His hand came up and rested on my head, lightly caressing as he heard my silent complaints in the dead of a December night.

"It's okay. Cry it out, "Key said, his words comforting my broken heart a little.

I pulled away and wiped my tears. I looked at him and saw him giving me the smile that he always gave me ever since he started working with me.

"Aren't I lucky to have a secretary like you?" I said and we both shared a laugh.

Key patted my shoulder and then kept his hand on my head, replying, "And aren't I lucky to have a boss like you?"