Euphoria (Jisoo)

JISOO

Never had I imagined that I'd be stuck with my feelings like that. I had dated before, but never had I experienced one-sided love. I was always confident in myself and knew that whoever I'd confess to would fall for me too, but somehow, with her, I was not like that.

Every time I looked at her, everything felt like a slow-motion scene: her hair bounced with every step she took, her eyes squinted as she focused on the task in her hand, and how she folded up her sleeves to show her forearms.

Goddamn her forearms!

I was always left speechless and nervous around her.

I took my script and fanned myself a bit to lose the blush on my cheeks. Just a sight of her was enough for me to get all hot and bothered. I took off my sunglasses and put them on as I tried to divert my attention to the script.

It was an important scene. Being in this drama was so hard to get by, but she made it possible.

Fuck.

I was thinking of her again. Quietly swallowing the desire that was welling inside me, I zoned my focus into the script. It was a difficult scene. The break-up scene. It had to be heartbreaking and should be able to make the audience cry, but I was not sure if I could put those emotions into action when she was around me looking like that.

Soon, the shooting started. I took my place on the bench outside the grocery store. The weather was quite lovely in the countryside. I heard the clapboard clapping as the director shouted for action.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I tried to remember all those hard and sad times in my life to get into the emotions. I opened my eyes when I started to feel the heartache and sorrow in me. My eyes showed no light as my lips drooped in a frown. I looked up and took up the "supposed" beer can and drank it in one gulp.

I looked down, and I could feel my lips tremble as tears started to well in my eyes. My shoulders shuddered, and I could feel myself crying. I let out a harrowing sob and bawled my eyes out. I cried like I had just witnessed the worst day of my life.

I covered my eyes with my hands and bit my lower lip so as not to make any sound.

Soon, the director shouted, "CUT!"

It took me a moment to calm myself, and I looked up with bleary eyes at the crew. They were silent as they stared at me, and then all of a sudden, all of them started clapping and shouting.

"That was so good, Jisoo!"

"Best actress ever!"

"I never thought someone crying could be so tormenting."

"I am crying right now."

The director gave a thumbs up and said, "That looks like a hit, Jisoo. I don't think we need a re-shoot. You did amazing. It was exactly like I imagined it to be."

I could feel the pride swelling inside me as I stood up and bowed my head to him, saying, "Thank you, Director. Thank you all."

I stood up straight as everyone looked at me with appraising eyes. I smiled at them but gasped when I felt a warm hand over my elbow, and I turned around instantly.

"Y-Y/N! You scared me, "I said, a bit startled as I looked down at her hand that was holding my elbow and her other hand offering me a box of tissues.

I looked up to look at her and saw how her eyes were a little red, as well as her nose too. I felt my heart skip a beat and asked, "Did you... cry too?"