The reason I love you (Irene)

It was a dismally cool and windy night.

Y/N was in her bedroom after she finished up her dinner. She was sitting there with her book in her hands and wearing her reading glasses, she flipped the page of the book.

Her mind was engrossed in the story as her mind created her imagination based on the text.

The thing she didn't hear was her girlfriend coming into the bedroom while rubbing her hands together. She was feeling chilly after putting the dishes in the dishwasher. Even though she was wearing one of Y/N's hoodies, she was sensitive to cold weather.

Coming up on the bed, she scooted closer to Y/N and stared at her, saying, "Love?"

Y/N didn't lift her head and replied with a coherent hum. Her girlfriend balled her fists and nudged her shoulder lightly, wanting her to look up for once.

Y/N sighed as she finally looked up after the constant bugging and asked, "What happened, Joohyun?"

"I'm cold, "Irene replied with a small voice while trying to warm herself up with her small hands.

Y/N being the person with utter love and tenderness for her girl, uncrossed her legs and patted down her lap, saying, "Come here."

Irene was quick to obey and instantly sat on her lap as Y/N trapped her between her legs and hugged her from behind.

"Feeling better?" Y/N asked as she brushed her fingers through her hair.

Irene let out a hum of appreciation and found herself melting in Y/N's warm embrace. She leaned her head back on Y/N's right shoulder and smiled slightly. She watched Y/N picking up her book again and holding it in one hand as her other hand was holding onto Irene's, trying to warm her up.

With just a simple unconscious act, Irene felt her heart flutter inside with immense love for the girl. She leaned back a little to gaze at her girlfriend's side profile. Irene loved the face when Y/N was concentrated.

She knew how Y/N's eyes would be glaring at the thing she was focused on and her eyebrows would slightly frown. Her lips would be sealed close and her jaw clenched tightly.

Smiling as to how much she knew and loved Y/N, Irene pressed her lips on Y/N's cheek and snuggled close in her embrace, nestling her head in the crook of her neck.

Irene lifted their intertwined hand and started to fiddle with Y/N's fingers while finding herself deeply pondering on something.

That something was their relationship.

Irene was always fascinated by Y/N's outgoing nature. She remembered the first time they met at a mutual event. Irene was there with her group members and Y/N was with her colleagues. It was the night when Y/N casually approached Red Velvet, conveying how much of a fan she was.

For the first time in her life, Irene found a striking personality, a person who had an immense effect on her. The simple smile of Y/N's could make Irene fall for her even more than before. It was an amazing concept for her.

Irene always appreciated a person who surely knew how to express their deep feelings. A person with whom she could talk all night about her perspective and emotions. Share intellects and delight in discussing big-picture ideas and heady topics.

And Y/N was the first one to make her feel so.

Y/N was an inquisitive person and she helped Irene through her shell of loneliness and introversion. Y/N's social leadership benefitted Irene to meet new friends that she was normally too shy to approach.

So, it didn't take any time for both of them to find their homes in each other. Y/N was the first one to confess and Irene instantly replied with her agreement. Saying how she felt the same for her.