Idol party (Nayeon)

"You're coming with me and that's it!" Nayeon argued with me.

I and Nayeon are sitting in the cafe as we talk about the coming party for idols. Nayeon, being my best friend since high school, is convincing me to come with her to attend the party. She can be really stubborn if she wants to and when she wants something she'll not stand back. That's something that I have always loved about her. Yeah, I like her. A lot. More than friends should kind of like. But, she doesn't know that. Because I can't risk my friendship for my selfishness.

"Y/N? Did you understand?" Nayeon asked as she took a sip of her coke while staring at me. I heaved a deep sigh as I thought, "Why does she have to bring me?"

"Nayeon... you know, I can't. I don't even attend my company events unless they are VERY important. And it's for idols, why do you want me to come with you?" I said looking at her with pleading eyes.

I am never a party person or a social butterfly. I love my personal space and my home only. But, Nayeon is clearly the opposite of me and she likes to live her life to the fullest. She is also named as 'Nation's best friend' or something like that for her mingling with every idol and fans very cheerfully. One more point to admire her.

I, on the other hand, do not have many friends like her. I am an introvert, what do you expect from me?

In fact, she is my only friend from our high school, others have just left me or we have lost our contact. But, Nayeon didn't. When she left to become an idol at sixteen, she always found her way to contact me. Whether it's through a borrowed stranger's phone or whether we plan to meet every weekend here in this same cafe. She never left me through my difficult times and I as well didn't. It took me a few years to realize that I love her more than anything.

She leaned forward in her seat as she held my hands between hers. She looked dead straight in my eyes as I gulped in fear. "Uh-oh..." I thought to myself. Whenever Nayeon looks me in the eyes, I could never deny her. That's something of my weakness which she has deciphered in the years and dare I say, she knows how to use this against me.

"N-Nayeon, no--" "Y/N-ah, pwease..." she said while pouting and giving those beautiful puppy eyes of hers. I mentally cursed myself as I closed my eyes and shook my head in disbelief. "Okay... as you say, Nayeon..." I told her.

She immediately let go of my hand as she squealed in excitement and clapped her hands. I laughed at her cuteness as she then gasped suddenly. "What happened?" I asked. She looked at me as I saw her eyes twinkling, "Y/N... we should coordinate our dresses if we are going to the party together." "What? Aren't you coordinating with your group?" I asked. She nodded her head, "Yeah, I am. And now, you will too."

I nodded my head, "Sure. What are you guys wearing?" She looked at me smiling and a hint of mischievousness in her eyes. "What?" I asked in confusion. "We are going to wear all black. That's the theme for the party. And..." Nayeon dragged the 'and' a little longer, "...we have to wear dresses."

My eyes widened in shock, "Dress? Nayeon, are you crazy? I haven't worn a dress in my life! I am happy with my formal wear. Please, I can't do that." It's true. I don't like wearing dresses. Sure, I don't hate them but something about them makes me a little uncomfortable and I don't like being uncomfortable. Nayeon loves wearing dresses. Who am I lying to? She likes to wear everything and it looks good on her. Not me.

"Cookie, please..." Nayeon again did a little aegyo. And she calls me 'cookie' if she badly wants something from me. This rarely happens and this is one of those moments. I threw my hands in the air in frustration, "Nayeon, please... don't--" But then she suddenly leaned forward stopping only inches away from my face. My eyes widened as I gasped audibly. She slowly lifted her hand towards my face and then flicked my forehead. "Ow! What the hell, Nayeon?!" I groaned in pain and rubbed my forehead.