Crescendo (Rosé)

It was our usual Saturday night, a dinner with friends.

I turned the car engine off and stepped out. After making sure it was locked, I walked up to the front porch of my house and then through the front door.

"Hey, love!"

My wife, Lisa, greeted me as soon as I entered. She wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a peck on my lips. She smiled brightly, looking at me with affection in her eyes.

I smiled in return and said, "Hey, Lisa. Is everyone here already?"

Lisa hugged me close as she snuggled her head in the crook of my neck and said, "Yeah, almost. Rosie is on her way, though. She said she had a meeting and stuff."

My heart skipped a beat at the mention of her name, enough to make me feel excited. The thought of seeing her after a long and tiring day was exhilarating. However, a sudden kiss from Lisa brought me out of my trance. I looked at her blankly before she spoke.

"Is everything okay, my love? You look tired."

I gently pulled away, not wanting to appear rude, even though I felt the guilt seeping in. I shook my head and answered, "Yeah, just a little. I'll wash up. I'll meet you in the dinner hall in thirty."

With that said, I brushed past her and up the stairs to my room. I threw my bag and coat on the bed as I went straight into the bathroom to take a much-needed shower.

After washing up and drying my hair, I got changed into a comfy high-neck sweater and pants.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and saw the exhaustion of the day reflected in my eyes. Emotions were not easy to hide in one's eyes. I lightly slapped my cheeks, forcing a smile, before squaring my shoulders and heading downstairs to the living room.

"Hey, Miss Manager. How are you doin'?" Jennie, my soulmate-- literally, because we might have known each other for as long as I could remember.

I smiled as Jennie pulled me in a hug and I said, "Hey yourself, Jen. We just saw each other in the office."

Jennie chuckled as she pulled away, and I saw Jisoo behind her. Jisoo, our mutual colleague and also Jennie's girlfriend, whom we have accepted as one of us now, came forward to hug me.

"Hey, Y/N, "She said in her low timbre.

I gave her a gentle squeeze and replied, "Hey, Jisoo. How have you been? How's your company coming along?"

Jisoo was an aspiring entrepreneur of a new start-up business and, dare I say, she looked every part of a successful future CEO.

Jennie wrapped her arm around Jisoo's waist and said, "It's coming along well. I've been tagging along with her almost every day after work."

Jisoo gave her a warm smile and kissed her cheek, saying, "Yeah. Jennie's been a big help in all of this."

I smiled, feeling a tinge of jealousy at how simple their love was. How straightforward their love seemed.

Lisa stood next to me as she locked her arm with mine and said, "It's nice to see another couple in the house, but can someone help me in the kitchen?"

Jennie and Jisoo chuckled at Lisa's comment as I gave a subtle shake of my head and said, "I'll help. What do you need me to do?"

However, before Lisa could say a word, the front doorbell rang.

"Well, be a darling and see who's at the door, love. That'd be enough for me," Lisa said as she planted a kiss on my shoulder before returning to the kitchen.