First Kiss (Karina)

A handsome boy in his teens slumped down on the couch. He sighed out in frustration and stared down at the ground with a small pout on his face.

"What happened, handsome?" Y/N asked him as she perched her glasses on the top of her nose while scrolling down the phone.

"Don't annoy me, mom. I am not in the mood, "the boy said as he leaned back and closed his eyes.

Y/N decided to set aside her phone and then turned on the couch to look at her son. Her only treasure and achievement in life she loves the most. Scooting a little closer, Y/N rested her hand at his thigh and gave it a comforting squeeze.

"Ji Hoon, look at me, "she softly ordered at which the boy turned to look at her with a defeated expression etched on his face.

Y/N gave him a small smile and asked, "What happened? Why are you looking so dull?"

Ji Hoon looked at her for a few moments and then clicked his tongue, snapping his head to the side, saying, "You will not understand. Forget it."

"Try me. Maybe I will, "Y/N encouraged him while shrugging with a nonchalant expression.

"Do you promise you will not laugh?" he asked while shyly looking at his mother.

Y/N let out a small breathy laugh and nodded, saying, "Cross my heart."

Ji Hoon fidgeted with his fingers and closed his eyes in nervousness. Taking a deep breath, he said, "I didn't have my first kiss yet."

He sat there for a few moments, anticipating God knows what, however, nothing happened. Ji Hoon slowly opened his eyes and peeked at his mother. She was sitting there with a small smile and adoring eyes.

"Mom?"

Y/N carefully sat ahead until their knees touched and gradually pulled him into a warm hug. Ji Hoon was surprised at the reaction. He didn't expect that.

"So what, Ji Hoon? It doesn't matter if you had your first kiss yet or not. It'll happen when the right time comes. No need to take pressure about this, "Y/N softly assured him as she placed a soft kiss on the top of his head.

Ji Hoon smiled widely and asked, "It really doesn't matter?"

Y/N pulled apart and pinched his cheek, saying, "No, handsome. It doesn't. Why were you so nervous about this though?"

"My friends in school were teasing me about this today. They all had their first kisses when they were in elementary school or middle school. I felt kind of bad about not having my moment yet, "he explained while looking down at his lap.

Y/N made him look up by cupping his cheeks and said, "You don't need to be ashamed, afraid, worried, or confused about anything. Talk to me or your Ma anytime you feel like this, okay?"

Ji Hoon smiled and nodded diligently, saying, "Okay, mom. Thank you for this. I needed that."

He again hugged Y/N tightly and then pulled apart, asking, "Mom?"

"Hmm?"

"When did you have your first kiss?" he asked, curiously.

Y/N looked at him and gave him a nostalgic smile as the memories filled up in her mind. She leaned back in her seat and sighed, saying, "So, it was about twenty years ago when I had my first kiss."

"Twenty years ago? Whoa, that's a lot of time, "Ji Hoon exclaimed at which Y/N chuckled.

"Yeah, it was. Fun fact; your Ma was my first kiss, "she said.

"No way! Tell me what happened-- the whole story!" Ji Hoon excitedly sat up straight and looked at his mother with twinkling eyes.

Y/N cleared her throat and started, "Well, twenty years ago..."