Americano (Mina)

Being working at a beautiful cafe was a dream for Y/N. But, being bossed around by a miserable boss was not in there. But she still chose to work there. Why?

Because it was her passion.

She loved showing her art and skills to people. And most certainly she loved to have coffee, so without a doubt, Y/N applied to work at the most expensive coffee shop as a barista. The day she joined, was the happiest day of her life. The fellow employees became her good friends and she loved seeing the smile on the customer's faces.

It made her day!

But, her weirdo boss was most certainly the reason that someday she'll die of depression. Park Jinyoung being her boss, or what he likes to call himself JYP, was her boss. He had always this ugly scowl on his not-so-pretty face and tends to shout at her.

Y/N being a calm and collected person, listened to his rants every day. But, sometimes, it just gets over her head. She curses under her breath and leaves his office after the lecture.

She grumpily sat on her seat in the staff faculty room. Y/N frustratingly ruffled her hair and slumped in her chair, leaning her head backward. She sighed deeply as the slamming open of the door startled her.

"What the hell!?" she shouted and looked at the person who had just come in. "Nayeon?! Can you please be quiet for a few minutes?!"

Nayeon looked up and furrowed her eyebrows, saying, "Did JYP say something?"

Y/N's eyes widened, taken aback. She still can't believe how her best friend understands her just by looking at her face. Y/N gave her a tight nod and gritted her teeth.

"That idiot... he doesn't know what this means to me! He says that I should try hard on my Latte art, and showed me some cheap and weird designs saying, 'I should do this so that our customers will be more satisfied and will come here often.' Does he know what he is talking about?! That sick bastard--"

"Whoa! Whoa! Speed rapper! Calm down," Nayeon said and sat down beside her.

Y/N rubbed her palm against her face and groaned, saying, "I'm sorry... it's just. I'm frustrated by his behavior... This job means so much to me, and..."

Nayeon hugged her and said, "I know Champ. I know what do you mean to say. But, hey... you've always handled him. Don't let him get to your head. Just do what you do and make our customers happy."

Y/N smiled a little as she hugged her back, tightly. "Thanks, bunny. You're my BFF."

"And don't you forget that!" Nayeon says. They both share a chuckle and sat there for a few moments before their shift started again.

Standing at the front desk, Y/N cleaned the countertop while humming to a sweet melody. She smiled and sings the first lines sweetly.

Oh, her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shinin'
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her tryin'
She's so beautiful and I tell her every day

The bell of the cafe rang, signaling that someone came through the door. Y/N was busy singing and cleaning up the machine too. She didn't notice that someone was already in front of her and giving her a stare.

The customer knocked on the countertop, catching Y/N's attention as she snapped her head to look up. She was met by a lady wearing a mask and a cap. Her small petite figure was covered by a large black overcoat and her eyes shone in the daylight.

Y/N put the cloth away and came up to the woman, asking, "Yes, Miss? How may I help you?"

"One Americano, please," the lady replied, her voice so soft that it would put you to an immediate deep slumber. Her voice made Y/N skip a heartbeat as she said, "O-Okay, Miss. Anything else you would like?"