Betterment (Rosé) II

The night passed as Y/N sat there while staring at the photo of Rosé in her hand. She didn't sleep. How could she when her everything just left her?

The sound of the front door opening and smashing close pulled Y/N out of her trance and she wiped her stained tears away, but still couldn't tear her eyes away from the photo.

Y/N thought that if she looked away, Rosé wouldn't be there anymore.

Soon there were footsteps marching to the room, but Y/N was least bothered. She didn't even look up when a panting figure came in front of her and kneeled beside her.

"Y/N?"

Y/N caressed the photo in her hand one more time as she broke into a smile and said, "Today's our sixth marriage anniversary, Jisoo. Sixth. Can you believe it?"

Jisoo, her childhood best friend, who happened to be the Managing Director of the company she and Rosé worked in, rested her hand on Y/N's knee, squeezing it slightly.

"Oh, Y/N..." Jisoo whispered as tears filled her own eyes.

Watching her friend's disheveled state, Jisoo wanted to run away but she couldn't when Y/N needed her the most at the moment. Y/N's red and puffy eyes from all the crying and her messy hair gave away the suffering she had last night.

"What do we give in the sixth year? Calla lily, isn't it?" Y/N asked as she chuckled, roughly.

"Y/N, stop. You're hurting yourself like this, "Jisoo said as she lifted her hand from the knee and on her shoulder.

Y/N turned her head to look at Jisoo and asked, "Hurting? Rosie said that too last night."

Jisoo bit her lower lip. She knew how much Y/N loved her and now seeing her like that, just crushed her heart.

"Y/N, please—"

"But, Jisoo, without Rosie... I'm nothing. How can I hurt myself then?" Y/N asked, her voice cracking at the end.

"Y/N you have to let her go... If she wants to. She doesn't remember you and that's not her fault!" Jisoo said, a tear escaping her eye.

"She loves Pasta. I'm gonna cook for her! Oh, and she loves that red wine you bought for us. Can you give me another bottle? I drank the last one myself, "Y/N said as she stared at the photo, her eyelids drooping low.

Jisoo looked at the photo and then back at Y/N as she said, "Give me that photo."

Y/N immediately shook her head, saying, "No, this is my Rosie. You can't take her away from me."

"Give it to me, Y/N. What you are doing is not healthy for you, physically and mentally!" Jisoo said as she grabbed the photo and easily snatched it away from Y/N's grasp.

Y/N gasped as she went for the photo, but she was met with Jisoo's hard slap that forced her to sit back.

"Wake up, Y/N! This is not you! I know it's hard for you and not having Rosie beside you makes it harder, but you gotta be stronger for her. Even if she doesn't remember you!"

Jisoo's words were even a harder slap to her as Y/N looked at her and then crashed into her chest, bawling continuously. Jisoo kept the photo away as she wrapped her arms around Y/N and held the shaking body tightly.

"It's gonna be okay, Y/N. It's gonna be okay..."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

After taking a shower and getting dressed properly and cleaning up the room with a heavy heart with the help of Jisoo, they both walked into the dining room.